Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that some people are all ready handing the title to Serena before the match is even played. But I do not think it is gonna be as stright forward as everyone thinks.

I mean I never thought in a million years that Sharapova would get to the final. The few times I have watch her game it has not impressed me that much. I used to call her the poor mans Venus Williams she did stuff but it was nothing I had not seen already and Venus done it all better. Her match with Davenport change my mind a lot about her. She is the real deal and if she wins tomorrow syand by cus it is gonna be Sharapova every where you look.

But I do have to say unlike Davenport Serena will run a lot of Sharapova shots. And the outcome of the match is total out of her hands it is Serena Wimbledon to win or lose.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,263 Posts
The problem is that at the moment, Maria power game will suit Serena game very well. Many shots which were winners against lindsay in semifinal will be returned back. Serena at the moment still have a better serve, better footwork, and more experience. Maria will win one day, but I highly doubt it will be tomorrow

·
Registered
729 Posts
What would happen if Sharapova wins tomorrow

I'll get drunk

·
Registered
47,499 Posts
I think Serena just has too many weapons for Maria that it´s gonna be difficult for Maria to win. serve, return, movement, experience......Serena´s the edge in all those departments. One thing is for sure..Serena is the first opponent Maria´s gonna face that has a better ability at hitting winners AND take away winners than Maria.

Should be good.

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
At the moment, Sharapova has basically duplicated Venus' run at the '97 US Open. If she wins, she'll have basically duplicated Martina Hingis at '97 OZ. Either way, I expect her to get the SI cover. Theink the September '97 'Gatecrasher' cover. Venus lost that final, but was still the talk of the tennis world. Serena is SUPPOSED to win this tournament. That's not news. Sharapova making the final is NEWS.

If she wins, we're going to see a absolute flurry of media hype. They're going to dust off the Kournikova playbook. They one they never got to use cause kournikova never won anything. All the plans they had for the day when Kournikova won her first GS title will swing into action. And Sharapova will sign a MAMMOTH advertising contract. The only question is whether or not it'll be bigger than Serena's. It'll dwarf everything else.

I don't THINK she'll get the cover of Time or Newsweek. But I'd bet that every teen girl magazine in the States is already lining up.

·
Somewhere over the rainbow.
45,490 Posts
good one Azza!!!
But yes it would be really good for her. But I still think that Serena's class will outplay her... I juts hope for a nice match of tennis!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Justin what is with the Serena 7 down Serena has only won 6 grandslam titles. You gonna jinx her now

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
London will having an earthquake. :drink:

·
Registered
12,969 Posts
hell no. i wanna see my Serena win this and the USopen(if Vee don´t get it) :D

·
Registered
394 Posts
cool bird said:
Justin what is with the Serena 7 down Serena has only won 6 grandslam titles. You gonna jinx her now
:lol: Yeah, nothing is certain in life. That applies to tennis as well. Maria wants to win this as much as Serena.

·
49,001 Posts
cool bird said:
Naww, I don't believe in luck. I believe in hard work and preparation!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:lol:

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
Please!

Serena is gonna blow this youngster off the Court. Serena is going to fight for EVERY POINT. Her Serve will be on Fire! and her ball placement will be perfect.

Need I say more?

·
Registered
113,553 Posts

ys would get banned

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
16,153 Posts
Ballbuster said:
Please!

Serena is gonna blow this youngster off the Court. Serena is going to fight for EVERY POINT. Her Serve will be on Fire! and her ball placement will be perfect.

Need I say more?
Sure..:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts