Tennis Forum banner

What will Sharapova do in Paris?

• First Round (loss to Camille Pin :devil: )

Votes: 20 14.6%
  • Second Round

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Third Round

Votes: 24 17.5%
  • Fourth Round

Votes: 32 23.4%
  • QF

Votes: 29 21.2%
  • SF

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • F

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • W :rolls:

Votes: 12 8.8%
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Even if her serve still isnt working, she has other weapons to make sure that she would get to at least the 4th round. That being said, I believe she will get to the quarters.

She doesn't really have what it takes to compete on clay with Henin, Serena, Jankovic or Kuznetsova right now. They have had so much more practice than her. Maybe one day if she plays a full clay season, she can win it. Who knows?

We'll have a better gauge of how she'll do after this week anyways.

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
what is the point of this thread without the draw?

·
Registered
12,762 Posts
4th round i think. quarters at most. although i would love to see her reach the final, its too unrealistic i think this year.

·
Registered
147 Posts
this is just my pure intuition...maria is going to make all of you doubters eat your words in three weeks time. maybe not by winning it all, but surely by reaching deep into the tournament. This is the milestone tourny for her this year. Especially because all the labeled claycourters showed their weaknesses during the clay season and team sharapova will use that to their advantage. Go Masha, make ur statement on the red dirt!!!

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
With an esay draw I can see her getting through to the semis. But between third round and quarters is most likely.

Reactions: goldenlox

·
Banned
4,328 Posts
even in the earlier rounds she will be vulnerable because there are very good claycourters ranked in the fortys and thirties.with her poor movement and serving woes she is easy meat for any player.

·
Registered
25,370 Posts
i'll go for shopping!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
i'll go for shopping!
:lol: i was going to say something similar.

What will Sharapova do in Paris?

Her make-up.

I decided against it cause too many people would start ranting about how they hate Sharapova. :lol:

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
but yes i think we should see how she goes in Turkey before assessing how she will go. she should have made the quarters last year with a very limited preparation and she's made it there twice before i think so it's not as though she is incompetent on this surface. although if she brings the same form she has shown this year it may not be pretty.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts