Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will it be her cunning game and precise strokes?

Early burn-out?

Weak Serve?

The best player never to win the French Open?

or

The lame way she ended her "Shooting Star" career.

Whatever history remembers her, I'll have fond memories.

·
Registered
19,296 Posts
Probably the last non-huge, non-power No. 1. By No. 1, I mean someone who is No. 1 for more than a few weeks. Also, she will be the last true teen phenom multiple Slam champion I suspect also. To me, she will be remember much like Tracy Austin, only she has accomplished a ton more than Tracy did, but it will be intensely successful teen queen that won just about everything for 2-3 years, and then injuries, and maybe some burn out, did her in. Again, not unlike Tracy Austin.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
the player who got it too easy till a certain time and was not mentally prepared when she really had to work harder and harder to keep up with her rivals!

·
Registered
528 Posts
As the most interesting and charimsatic player and the greatest talent no can achive Martina's rezults in the near future . Do you see a 16 years olg GS winner . I don't thing so !

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Probably her smart mouth and early burn-out.

I have no idea which tournaments Tracy Austin won or how long she was Number One, but I know that she burned out too quickly. I think 20 years from now, people will know much the same about Martina.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
irinska said:
As the most interesting and charimsatic player and the greatest talent no can achive Martina's rezults in the near future . Do you see a 16 years olg GS winner . I don't thing so !
Of course we won't see another 16 year old GS winner due to the age eligibility rules. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
She'll be remembered for being the best player for all those years, and being truly magical on court, untill it all got too tough.

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
she'll be remembered by doing everything she did, Slam titles, big titles, ect. at such a young age. she did what tennis stars are doing now, but she did it 3/4 years younger than them

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
She'll be remembered for her rivalry with the Williams sisters; her dedication to the game; her sharp tongue which seemed to get her into trouble; and her phenomenal results and the one GS that seemed to elude her.

All this is coming from a non-Hingis fan! Nonetheless, I respect what Martina brought to the game. I do miss seeing her on the court and wish her well.

·
Registered
738 Posts
(1). The French Open disaster vs. Steffi
(2). Great on-court mind; last of the non-power-player champions
(3). Holding onto number one for years without winning a grand slam
(4). Retiring early
(5). Winning three out of four grand slams at such an early age
(6). Controversial comments

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
DA FOREHAND said:
Will it be her cunning game and precise strokes?

Early burn-out?

Weak Serve?

The best player never to win the French Open?

or

The lame way she ended her "Shooting Star" career.

Whatever history remembers her, I'll have fond memories.
if you have a problem with her why would you post this.

i will remember martina for her beauty.
quote from Elena Dementieva "she plays smartly, like playing chess on court" i love that it is so true.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Brandon85 said:
if you have a problem with her why would you post this.

i will remember martina for her beauty.
quote from Elena Dementieva "she plays smartly, like playing chess on court" i love that it is so true.
Daforehand can only remember 2 players on her mind due to inability of her brain to take more than that. Martina Hingis achievements are too great not to be remembered.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
I will remember her for the awesome year 1997 - when she was winning everything (almost). That was a Fantastic year for her.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
The quality of her fans, which is far higher, less mean spirited, and far less jealous than fans of the Williams sisters, who always seem to find the need to hate Hingis, even after she is gone.

I wonder why that is?

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
selesfan said:
Of course we won't see another 16 year old GS winner due to the age eligibility rules. :rolleyes:
Sharapova is playing Roland Garros isn't she?!?!:rolleyes:

irma said:
the player who got it too easy till a certain time and was not mentally prepared when she really had to work harder and harder to keep up with her rivals!
lol, and this coming from a graf fan.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts