Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody!
What will lil Lleykis’ nationality be?
Australian or Belgian???
We can guess it!!! :bounce::bounce:

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Yum! Vegemite waffles! Haven't had them before!

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Aussie_Kim said:
Yum! Vegemite waffles! Haven't had them before!
Ugh, gross! Cant stand vegemite/marmite.

Seriously though, wont Kim and Lleyton's kids be able to have dual nationality? They will probably be born in Australia and therefore Aussie citizens, but because Kim is a Belgian national, she should also be able to apply for them to have Belgian citizenship too. If I was in Kim's situation that's what I would want to do for my kids.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
fifiricci said:

Seriously though, wont Kim and Lleyton's kids be able to have dual nationality? They will probably be born in Australia and therefore Aussie citizens, but because Kim is a Belgian national, she should also be able to apply for them to have Belgian citizenship too. If I was in Kim's situation that's what I would want to do for my kids.
Im sure the kids will have dual citizenship as Kim and Lleyton have houses in both australia and belgium, and would want the kids to see their grandparents in these countries

·
Somewhere over the rainbow.
45,490 Posts
fifiricci said:

Yes dual nationality sounds good :cool: (as i have dual citizenship myself, i want everyone with one). But their mother tongue will probably be english tho. Unless Lleyton gets himself into dutch (he has plenty of time i guess so maybe he should!) and they can have 2 languages at home! :p

And btw what is vegemite? I know what marmite is (and i find it disgusting) is it similar? -sorry i'm too french to know about these... :rolleyes: -
Oh and to finish on the waffle note, I had the most delicious waffles ever when I went to Belgium last year. I didn't even dare trying them anywhere else ever since... :lick: :lick: :lick:

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
yasmine said:
Yes dual nationality sounds good :cool: (as i have dual citizenship myself, i want everyone with one). But their mother tongue will probably be english tho. Unless Lleyton gets himself into dutch (he has plenty of time i guess so maybe he should!) and they can have 2 languages at home! :p

And btw what is vegemite? I know what marmite is (and i find it disgusting) is it similar? -sorry i'm too french to know about these... :rolleyes: -
Oh and to finish on the waffle note, I had the most delicious waffles ever when I went to Belgium last year. I didn't even dare trying them anywhere else ever since... :lick: :lick: :lick:
The aussies will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Vegemite is just an Aussie brand of Marmite. Yes its disgusting!!

BTW Yasmine, doesnt "marmite" mean "saucepan" in French?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
fifiricci said:
The aussies will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Vegemite is just an Aussie brand of Marmite. Yes its disgusting!!

Vegemite is good, but i think the only people who like it are aussies... and then not all like it. I love it :hearts:

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
I agree with the whole dual! But i wonder where they will live. Once they finish playing tennis they will have to choose a place to live.

·
45,490 Posts
fifiricci said:
That's what I thought. I can't imagine anything like that on a waffle tho... :rolleyes:

fifiricci said:
And Fiona, a "marmite" is more a cooking pot than a regular saucepan... ;)
(sorry we're coming back to our language lessons)

·
45,490 Posts
I forgot something:
where would they live: "sunny australia or cloudy belgium?" :confused:
No offence to the belgians but it sounds like the weather there is closer to the weather in the uk than in the south of France... ;)

·
3,777 Posts
yasmine said:
I forgot something:
No offence to the belgians but it sounds like the weather there is closer to the weather in the uk than in the south of France... ;)
I'm afraid you're right! The weather is soooo bad here most of the time, but not as bad as in the UK though :p Last year we had the most amazing summer here in Belgium, but this year, it hasn't started really well...
but, well, I'm going to the south of France in a couple of weeks, so I hope the weather there will be better as you say it is, Yas!

·
Registered
917 Posts
sorry for being so :smash: but i wonder if it's allowed to have dual nationality in Belgium and Australia??? (just i know it's not allowed in some countries :confused: )
anyway dual nationality is the best thing tho i think they will live in sunny australia :cool:

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
yasmine said:
I forgot something:
What about offence to the UK ;) To be fair, we had a fantastic summer in the UK last year (didnt we?!)....

·
Registered
15,345 Posts
Nica said:
sorry for being so :smash: but i wonder if it's allowed to have dual nationality in Belgium and Australia??? (just i know it's not allowed in some countries :confused: )
anyway dual nationality is the best thing tho i think they will live in sunny australia :cool:
One of my best friends is Irish & Belgian :wavey:

·
Registered
938 Posts
Well I remember that a time ago there was a whole thing going on that Kim would take the Australian nationality. I really don't think she'll do that, she'll be true to her roots I guess. For the kids it'll probably be nicer to live in australia (the weather yes), but I'm sure they'll come to Belgium too. So yep, the dual nationality. And English will probably be their main language, but I'm sure Kim will teach them Dutch (and Lleyton!! - He can say 'niks' already)!

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
I luv waffles! Yum! But then I luv all food! I'm a pig! :lol:
In Australia you can have dual citizenship I'm pretty sure! :confused:

·
Registered
24,486 Posts
fifiricci said:
What about offence to the UK ;) To be fair, we had a fantastic summer in the UK last year (didnt we?!)....
What about last winter:scared::p

And what if the kids were born on a ship owned by the States or something, would that make them Americans...

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.