Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Which players do you think will have the biggest rivalry for the year 2004?Can it be?

Serena Vs Capriati
Serena Vs Venus
Serena Vs Henin
Serena vs clijsters
Henin Vs Clijsters
Seles Vs Williams
Capriati Vs Davenport
Venus Vs Capriati
Sharapova Vs Williams

·
Registered
101 Posts
predictable: Henin-Serena, Henin-Clijsters
unpredictable: Capriati-Davenport, Sharapova-Williams

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Unpredictable u say....Maria vs. Venus-they'll be playing for some big titles. I hope!!! :worship:

Lindsay vs. Jennifer isn't unpredictable, it's unimaginable... :p

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Definitely Henin-Hardenne / S.Williams

It's beyond me how anyone, after seeing them play, can think the Davenport/Capriati match-up will ever become a rivalry. Capriati doesn't have the court intelligence to change her game enough during a match to beat a healthy Davenport. Look at the head-to-head!

·
Registered
562 Posts
I think Henin/Williams will be the rivalry to watch for 2004. in 2003 Henin established herself as amultiple grand slam winner. It will be interesting to see what happens in 2004 with her gaining confidence and perhaps the williams sisters coming back and then the other players realizing they have a shot at winning big titles. I hope one of teh new young guns steps it up like perhaps Sharapova or somebody or any of the other Russians players. I just wanna see some fresh meat stirring things up and making it hard for the established players to see who can change up their games to keep up or stay ahead.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
I think we will start to see some great matches between Serena and Venus. And Chanda vs. Henin will be a great rivalry too....

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
The "hate" rivalry will be Serena vs Justine, but the rivalry for the titles will be Serena vs Venus.

If Venus plays like she played at Wimbledon, that means trouble to the rest of the tour and only Serena could challenge her.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Knizzle said:
I think Williams vs. Williams will be the story of 2004.
You would. :rolleyes:

There's a difference in "story" and unpredictable rivalry. I'd say Venus vs. Jennifer.

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
i heart backhand said:
You would. :rolleyes:

There's a difference in "story" and unpredictable rivalry. I'd say Venus vs. Jennifer.
I think V and S will have the biggest rivalry which is the question the first post asks. V and S rivalry will be unpredictable.

It's highly unlikely that Venus and Cappy will have a rivalry in 2004.

·
Banned
4,078 Posts
Knizzle said:
I think V and S will have the biggest rivalry which is the question the first post asks. V and S rivalry will be unpredictable.
venus and serena do not have a rivalry and therefore can't be an option for this topic.

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
the BEST rivalry would have to be Jennifer vs Serena...or venus, the william sisters always become more exciting when they play an opponent who is just as good

oh and as for lyndsay beating Capriati...Jen tries to make it a slug fest instead of making lyndsay hit a better shot while running her around...which is giving Lyndsay a fighting chance (and its stupid) but if Jen starts running lyndsay off the court Lynds has no chance....Jen just has more going for her.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts