Tennis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very interested in history.
I am reading the book by Leon Trotsky, The Revolution Betrayed...but I can't get the scope of what were the effects of the Russian Revolution?
I'm sure Russians for sure would know, and probably their are some historians on this board too?

thank u :)

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, he was assasinated in Mexico I thing by a Stalin agent.
I think his head was choped off and brought to Stalin. he was a big threat to Stalin because he was one of those intellectuals who had the ability to kick Stalin out of the way.
I know the the Revolution was betrayed, duh, that is the books title ;)...but do not know what its achievements, or lack of them did.

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,027 Posts
SuperDevil said:
yes, he was assasinated in Mexico I thing by a Stalin agent.
I think his head was choped off and brought to Stalin. he was a big threat to Stalin because he was one of those intellectuals who had the ability to kick Stalin out of the way.
I know the the Revolution was betrayed, duh, that is the books title ;)...but do not know what its achievements, or lack of them did.
Stalin's agent a Cuban Luis Merkador inflicted a fatal head injury to Trotski by an ice-axe. It happened in Mexico. Trotsky passed away few days later.

I do not know whether he was in "Frida". I do know though that he had soome connections to Mexican artist, named, I think, Sikeiros.

By that moment when he was killed ( 1940 ) he was no threat to Stalin in USSR. he was of not a much threat to Stalin internationally. Stalin, though, had a lot of personal hatred to him, partly because of being very Anti-Semitic.

As you probably know, the great majority of leaders of Russian revolution were of Jewish nationality. Stalin was Georgian.

Generally, Russian Revolution was the most important event of XX century. The most of XX century was determined by that event. It created the whole new political situation in the world, which existed till at least 1991, and we can't surely say that it no longer exists, because of China.

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
ys said:
I do not know whether he was in "Frida". I do know though that he had soome connections to Mexican artist, named, I think, Sikeiros.
He had an affair with Mexican artist Frida Kahlo. Is that who you're talking about? :confused: I must admit, I don't know much about this, it's just that his name sounded familiar.

Very interesting read, guys! :)

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Sam L said:
He had an affair with Mexican artist Frida Kahlo. Is that who you're talking about? :confused: I must admit, I don't know much about this, it's just that his name sounded familiar.

Very interesting read, guys! :)
he was tralkinjg about the same events which were put in the movie "frida" which was released last year (with btw a magnificent screenplay by edward norton.....)

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
he was snowball in animalfarm right? I loved that book:)

and I think it affected the whole 20th century. I mean had the communists not got the power then hitler would not have had a reason to hate them and kill them and american neither. so it would all have been different!

·
Vamorza!
57,175 Posts
well...in the february revolution the tsar had been expelled, and in the october revolution the communists grabbed power.

I think it indeed affected the whole 20th century...new politician system, 2 sides in the world: capitalism vs. communism, etc

·
Banned
618 Posts
ys said:
As you probably know, the great majority of leaders of Russian revolution were of Jewish nationality. Stalin was Georgian.
yes they were...Virtually all of the important Bolshevik leaders were Jews: they included the "father of the revolution," Leon Trotsky (whose real name was Lev Bronstein) Lev Kamenev, the early Bolshevik leader who later went on to become a leading member of the Politburo, was born with the surname Rosenfeld; Grigori Zinoviev, head of the Petrograd Soviet, was born with the surname Apfelbaum; and many other famous Communists of the time, such as Karl Radek, Lazar Kaganovich; and Moses Urtisky, (the head of the Cheka) who all changed their names for reasons similar to that of Trotsky.

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
A host of bad movies and one of Aaliyahs worst songs (but its okay)

·
Banned
618 Posts
...and the revolution showed that monarchy is superior to democracy in protecting individual rights...it is not democracy that is important but the protection of private property that counts...

and if America stayed out of WWI things would have been a lot different (better)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts