Tennis Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Sharapova getting a big win, on a big stage, in a tight match against a known "hater" of hers at the AO Open
Naomi-Coco's post match embrace at the US Open
Anisimova's shock win over defending champ Halep in Roland Garros (in the QF stage no less)
Ostapenko's back to back Finals Linz and title win in Luxembourg

·
Registered
21,422 Posts
Dayana winning in Hua Hin after her mother's horrific eye injury.

Gauff winning her first title in Linz as a star is likely born.

·
Milk and honey
3,234 Posts
It's not been a great year for me personally with my faves in many respects :lol: but seeing Andreescu win Indian Wells was just awesome. At the time she was still so unknown despite her fast start to 2019. No one could have predicted that and her insane giant killing run there was unforgettable :worship: shoutout to Anisimova for her incredible FO SF at just 17 years old too after brutally crushing the defending champion in the quarterfinals.

Seeing her lift a major already too was somehow even more unexpected because post Indian Wells we all knew of her insane talent, but felt that surely a slam was a year or two away. Remember, she's still only 19 and was 18(!) when she won Indian Wells. Just insane. She is everything the WTA needs for it's future after being in the wilderness for a while now and the potential for a great rivalry with Osaka is everything.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
I personally really enjoyed the team events as it brings something a little different you don't see on the normal tour.

Hopman Cup highlights:
- Angie vs Federer: Seeing Angie trade forehands with Federer and winning with that DTL winner around the post :worship:
- Serena vs Federer: Two greats sharing a court
- Seeing Angie play live for the first time and making that tweener against Cornet :rolls:
- That gripping (but for me, an ultimately heartbreaking) final
I've always loved the HC atmosphere and am disappointed it had to make way for the ATP team event :frown2:

Fed Cup highlights:
- Barty vs USA
- Barty/Stosur vs Vika/Sabalenka in the deciding rubber. There was some great shot making from both teams in that match - really entertaining.
- Halep vs Garcia
Bring on the final! Let's go Aussies! :armed:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Kerber vs Andreescu @ Indian Wells. I was hoping for Kerber's first piece of 2019 hardware but, the drama queen interrupted it all.

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
Sakkari's return winner off Federer's serve.

·
Registered
50,643 Posts
Bibi Andreescu winning the US Open final against Serena :speakles:

The most shocking moment of the year. Noone would have predicted this at beginning of 2019.

Her rise was very impressive. And that she won a Grand Slam in 2019 is just wow.

·
Registered
8,939 Posts
It was the most exciting year for WTA in quite a while and definitely a breakthrough year for many youngsters. That being said Osaka at AO and Bianca at IW were the most memorable for me.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts