Tennis Forum banner

161 - 180 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
8,115 Posts
PJ Harvey. Last night. :cool:

She was amazing. :worship: Brought a whole band of 9 men with her, including John Parish. Never realized exactly how many different instruments are involved in her songs. :eek:

They came out as a marching band in a line, starting with one of my faves from the new album, 'Chain of Keys'. She played a lot from The Hope Six Demolition Project and it sounded fantastic, a lot more swinging than on the album with some great sax solos. PJ sometimes stepped back and became a member of the band playing some sax herself.

The best streak of songs was when they did 'The Ministry of Social Affairs' which was totally swinging and bluesy, followed by a deliciously rocky '50ft Queenie', 'Down by the Water' and an all out 'To Bring You My Love'. :music::rocker:

She also did some from her former album: 'Let England Shake', 'The Words That Maketh Murder' (with 4 band members as male choir) and 'The Glorious Land'. Her beautiful voice came out great in 'When Under Ether'. Also loved 'The Devil'.

The encore was surprisingly 'The River' and 'The Last Living Rose'.

Really good show. PJ's voice is terrific, the band sounded fantastic and they played wonderfully together. :yeah:

I wanted it to go on forever and never leave! :sobbing::inlove:

·
HEADBANGER
69,328 Posts
Placebo on Sunday.:)

Brilliant, especially as it is a greatest hits tour:worship:

·
HEADBANGER
69,328 Posts
PJ Harvey. Last night. :cool:

She was amazing. :worship: Brought a whole band of 9 men with her, including John Parish. Never realized exactly how many different instruments are involved in her songs. :eek:

They came out as a marching band in a line, starting with one of my faves from the new album, 'Chain of Keys'. She played a lot from The Hope Six Demolition Project and it sounded fantastic, a lot more swinging than on the album with some great sax solos. PJ sometimes stepped back and became a member of the band playing some sax herself.

The best streak of songs was when they did 'The Ministry of Social Affairs' which was totally swinging and bluesy, followed by a deliciously rocky '50ft Queenie', 'Down by the Water' and an all out 'To Bring You My Love'. :music::rocker:

She also did some from her former album: 'Let England Shake', 'The Words That Maketh Murder' (with 4 band members as male choir) and 'The Glorious Land'. Her beautiful voice came out great in 'When Under Ether'. Also loved 'The Devil'.

The encore was surprisingly 'The River' and 'The Last Living Rose'.

Really good show. PJ's voice is terrific, the band sounded fantastic and they played wonderfully together. :yeah:

I wanted it to go on forever and never leave! :sobbing::inlove:
Is Alain Johannes still playing with her?

·
Premium Member
104,662 Posts
3 days of Clockenflap:

BadBadNotGood : 8.5/10
George Clinton : 8/10
Fat Freddy's Drop : 8/10
London Grammar : 6/10
M.I.A : 5/10
The Jolly Boys : 6/10
Shura : 7/10
Sugarhill Gang : 8/10
Birdy Nam Nam : 8.5/10
Chemical Brothers : 9/10

·
Registered
29,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
Since I last posted, I haven't been to a very many:

Neil Young (June 2016)
Frank Turner (November 2016)
The Gloaming (March 2017)
The Cranberries (May 2017)

Think I'm missing one or two, but for the life me, I can't think of them!

·
Banned
4,739 Posts
Culture Club with guests Eurogliders and one of the Thompson Twins today. It was actually the first concert I've been to after the Ariana concert was bombed. Extra security precautions now.

·
Administrator
65,911 Posts
Steps two weeks ago

and Bananarama last week :hearts:

161 - 180 of 201 Posts