Tennis Forum banner

181 - 200 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Wolf Alice 2 weeks ago in London.

Was awesome. Not a huge fan of bands who literally just play song after song without much crowd interaction but they somehow pulled it off. I guess performing insanely well live helps a lot. Definitely a nice relatively new band I love.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Kelela on Saturday.
Great concert, amazing crowd, not such a big fan of the all white visuals but it is the only negative thing.

·
Trainwreck
58,280 Posts
Paul McCartney :yeah:.

Was great. He hasn't lowered keys or slowed tempos, and his vocal was like 70-75% as good as his young self, which is good for 75. Much better than I expected. Also good energy and sense of humour.

Only con was I didn't know half the songs but he was generous with the evergreens as well :p.

I'll give it like a 9 :D.

Oh, forgot to say he took no breaks :eek:.

·
7,684 Posts
Paul McCartney :yeah:.

Was great. He hasn't lowered keys or slowed tempos, and his vocal was like 70-75% as good as his young self, which is good for 75. Much better than I expected. Also good energy and sense of humour.

Only con was I didn't know half the songs but he was generous with the evergreens as well :p.

I'll give it like a 9 :D.

Oh, forgot to say he took no breaks :eek:.
I saw him last weekend. 3 full hours, 40 songs, was able to hold the crowd for the entire length of the concert. I was surprised he didn't take any break at all even during the show. Most of the people in my section were commenting he wasn't even taking a drink break.

Well worth it :yeah:

·
Trainwreck
58,280 Posts
I saw him last weekend. 3 full hours, 40 songs, was able to hold the crowd for the entire length of the concert. I was surprised he didn't take any break at all even during the show. Most of the people in my section were commenting he wasn't even taking a drink break.

Well worth it :yeah:
Didn't know it was 40 :eek:.

·
Banned
34,748 Posts
I went and saw Evanescence two weeks ago.

When I bought the tickets I was pretty unwell mentally.

But on the 1st of February I suddenly felt allot better but felt like I wasn't all that hyped up for the show because I bought the tickets when I was sad.

However, it was really fun. Like, the orchestra was just phenomenal and I feel like they are again showcasing just how great live shows can be.

I'm seeing Lana Del Rey on the 31'st of March, got really expensive tickets for that. :eek:h:

But right before the Evanescence gig, at the actual venue, I realised just how excited I am to maybe see Lorde live one day.

Oh and it was the first concert I've been to since moving to Melbourne at the beginning of 2013, from Abu Dhabi. :lol:

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Eddy De Pretto last Thursday, Cosmo last Friday and Kendrick Lamar three days ago!
The first two were great, Kendrick was awful.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Inti Illimani Histórico (three original members)
Algiers

btw This thread is always impossible to find with the search options?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I haven't attended a single concert since after my groupie days.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
What was the last concert you attended in the last 2 months? I didn't attend any for more than 2 months now, maybe early 2011 was the last time I had such a long break.

I recently found out I overlooked a Herbie Hancock concert last November. 😨 Meredith Monk was in Germany too but too far away. Sad times.

·
Registered
11,689 Posts
Broods in January 2020.

Saw Dua Lipa live in March this year at the Mardi Gras after party but it was only 6 songs so I wouldn’t say it was a concert

181 - 200 of 201 Posts