Shovel Yourself Out Of The Shit
25,180 Posts
Friday Night Lights

·
x
34,500 Posts
For others: Spoiler Alert!

Warning in place let's continue:
Oliver never died. Neither did Slade or Malcolm Merlin. Laurel isn't reincarnated. She's from a parallel universe. And the emotional part is based on that. She looks the same but isn't.

So the only two people who have come back are Thea and Sara Lance who isn't in the show anymore anyway.

OK let's just say Ollie was "close to dying" - I think it would have been a game changer if he actually died. But nope, they had to bring him back.
The other people were "never officially dead", but the producers made us think they were. Of course, that's the illusion of it but it's just those kind of manipulations that signalled the end for me.

As for Laurel, I know she's a different Laurel but it doesn't change the fact that I have to see her face again after she was supposedly dead. :tape:

It's just a washing machine cycle and I guess I got bored of it. :eek:h:

·
Registered
7,754 Posts
Weeds.
The show was already starting to go off the rails long before its 6th season. Getting rid of the hilariously bitchy Celia Hodes (Elizabeth Perkins) after the 5th season - and not resolving her story at all - was a horrible decision. But the way the 6th season ended was a fitting end to the series. Unfortunately they had to keep going, resulting in an absolutely ridiculous and unnecessary 7th season (I only made it a couple of episodes in). I don't even want to think about how bad the 8th season must have been.

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
OK let's just say Ollie was "close to dying" - I think it would have been a game changer if he actually died. But nope, they had to bring him back.
The other people were "never officially dead", but the producers made us think they were. Of course, that's the illusion of it but it's just those kind of manipulations that signalled the end for me.

As for Laurel, I know she's a different Laurel but it doesn't change the fact that I have to see her face again after she was supposedly dead. :tape:
:) It's a completely different person! There is no supposedly dead. The situation isn't any different than if one of two identical twins who had been separated at birth died. Or, within TV series, when one of the clones on Orphan Black is killed.

Didn't you watch the crossover arc? I'd think that since you still watch Supergirl you'd have seen that.

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
I gave up on Arrow and The flash. Just didn't have the time for them anymore.

Criminal Minds. Got too samey.

I'm on the brink with The Walking Dead- The newest episode was just dull, dull, dull. A whole episode devoted to one of the least liked characters on the show.

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Oh and Pretty little Liars. Once i knew who A was I was over it. Although a few have told me to watch season 7.

·
Registered
57,323 Posts

·
Registered
37,709 Posts
A Discovery of Witches. Thought it was going to be about, you know, witches? But it's just boring hetero bullshit a la Twilight. "Oh, Mr. Vampire would never hurt me. He loves me." *vomits*

Reactions: Perun

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
I gave up on The Walking Dead just recently. Just not what I want anymore.

I've started Fear the walking dead and I like that more.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts

Same, stopped watching The Walking Dead. Watching it every week had become a choir.

Also stopped watching Grey's Anatomy, there's just too many seasons and not enough good/original ideas anymore. My favorite characters just kept leaving or dying left and right. April was getting waaaay to much screen time. Please just stop it :sad:

Stopped watching Big Bang Theory as soon as I grew up and realized it was trash.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Funny I just saw the Queen movie with Rami Malek (thought he movie was pretty standard Hollywood but he was good) and wondered if I should give Mr Robot another go which I gave up on after a couple of episodes of Season 2.

Then I remembered how much the show had started to annoy me and decided against it.:eek:h:

The Man in the High Castle... it was nice, the lead guy was hot... but meh.
I stuck with it for two seasons. They had obviously spent a fortune on it and it was beautifully shot with some excellent actors - but I found it incredibly slooooooooooow. Then when they started Season 3 I discovered I couldn't remember what had happened in the previous season - and obviously going back to the start wasn't an option.:lol:

But maybe when I have an hour or ten to spare............

·
Trainwreck
58,340 Posts

TWD :sad:. I don't even think it'll leave that much of a legacy when it finishes TBH, where once, in the first few years when it was really popular it would've seemed like a shoe-in to do so.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Did Rick die yet? I think I ended it on s7 or s8. It just didn't attract me anymore. The very first bits with Neegan were good, but after a while the writers totally lost the plot..from season 4 onwards I was already watching that show with fastforwarding all the filler-episodes and some boring/pointless dialogues or sometimes even monologues.

·
Trainwreck
58,340 Posts
Did Rick die yet? I think I ended it on s7 or s8. It just didn't attract me anymore. The very first bits with Neegan were good, but after a while the writers totally lost the plot..from season 4 onwards I was already watching that show with fastforwarding all the filler-episodes and some boring/pointless dialogues or sometimes even monologues.
Yep I think he did. Entire Grimes family gone now since Judith is Shane's I think. First 4 seasons are what I have too :dance:.

·
Registered
53,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
A discovery of witches
Siren
Pretty little liars: the perfectionists (still trying to get into it but it's definitely no PLL at all)

Reactions: Perun

·
63,683 Posts
I immediately stopped watching Fear the Walking Dead after

Madison's death.

Season 3 was the peak of the series, and it was also last season for the show runner Dave Erickson. He is replaced by Scott M. Gimple from the The Walking Dead and already ruined the series :tape: Season 4 was HORRIFYING.

Morgan from The Walking Dead takes over Madison's lead role just show how sexist and ageist Gimple is. I'm not watching another episode.

81 - 100 of 121 Posts