Tennis Forum banner

61 - 80 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
35,934 Posts

·
63,747 Posts
You should definitely watch it. Its amazing and the series has only 27 episodes so its easy to complete.
What are you going on about? Fringe has 100 episodes :lol:

·
Registered
36,380 Posts
oh yeah, forgot about "house of cards". i watched one season, but didn't even enjoy that one, so there was no reason to continue.

Actually most of shows struggle to keep quality and simply can't stop. Like I used to love Bones but with about 7 Seasons I had enough. And it's still airing I think.
good one. i think this show was vastly underrated, it was truly funny. but like you say around season 7, things deteriorated and the show became unbearably trite.

·
63,747 Posts
I was referring to Penny Dreadful which only had three seasons totalling 27 episodes as that poster was curious if he should watch it.
Gotcha ;) You bold the word Fringe and that confused me :lol:

And yes, Penny Dreadful was fantastic... well, apart from the boring western scenes :tape:

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Criminal Minds is just unbearable this season and I was a hard-core. I just can't stand MGG. He is a bad actor and the way they create stories around his character is the reason I quit.

Also quit How to Get Away with Murder. I'm surprised how this show quickly escalated from the good one to another Shonda Rhimes' soap opera.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
49,763 Posts
I used to watch The Middle but so much awkwardness, too much. Not even half funny.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I used to watch The Middle but so much awkwardness, too much. Not even half funny.
So true. I tried watching 2 episodes on a plane to Europe because everyone kept on going about how good it was and I barely got through them. Don't know how it is so popular, pretty much all the characters are annoying.

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
Wayward Pines. One season was perfect. Heard bad things about S2 and believed them, given how were they going to maintain interest once the secret was out.
Totally forgot this show. Yeah I only watched season 1 just because I've read the book and wanted to see how it differs. Was going to watch season 2 but never did.

And surprising absolutely no one -

'Wayward Pines' Cancelled At Fox

The move is not much of a surprise, as the mystery drama - which would typically air in the summer - hasn't aired in a new episode in 19 months.

From executive producer M. Night Shyamalan, the series was originally planned for just a single season. 10 episodes were produced based on a trilogy of novels by Blake Crouch, which told the story of a Secret Service Agent who ends up stuck in a small Idaho town that ends up being more than what it seems.

After the show's first season ended up ranking as 2015's #1 broadcast drama of the summer among adults 18-49, the network picked it up for another season with a completely original storyline that continued from the events of Season 1. Unfortunately, audiences did not take to the new plot and ratings took a hit during its sophomore run.

·
Registered
27,444 Posts
All of Shondaland!
This. All her shows start well but turn into a messy trainwreck after 1-2 Seasons. I think it’s because they all lack finesse and subtlety and I get tired of the over-the-topness and plain nonsense of the plots after a short while even If I may find then fun and harmless in the beginning.

·
Registered
31,606 Posts
Orphan Black. It was novel for a season, but I couldn't continue to care about it or to take it seriously past that.

·
x
34,514 Posts
Arrow - If there’s one show crazier than Shondaland it’s this one. And not in a good way. No one actually dies. :help:

Blindspot - :help:

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
Arrow - If there’s one show crazier than Shondaland it’s this one. And not in a good way. No one actually dies. :help:
:eek: Yikes. People die on Arrow with great regularity. But I find it "interesting" that to you people dying is what makes a show "not crazy."

What shows are you still watching?

·
x
34,514 Posts
:eek: Yikes. People die on Arrow with great regularity. But I find it "interesting" that to you people dying is what makes a show "not crazy."

What shows are you still watching?
I mean, they just die and come back. That's not exactly dying in my books :eek:h:

I have a high tolerance for trashy shows (Scandal, Murder, UnReal) but I just found Arrow too emotionally manipulative.

My current roster including those above: Walking Dead (close to quitting), Supergirl, FotB, SVU, Superstore, Greys, Gotham, Blacklist, Modern Fam, Nashville, Crazy Ex GF, 911, Riverdale, This Is Us, Jane the Virgin

On netflix etc.: OitnB, Jess Jones, Dear White ppl.. there's a few more but those are what comes to mind atm.

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
eck;80073856[B said:
]I mean, they just die and come back. That's not exactly dying in my books[/B] :eek:h:

I have a high tolerance for trashy shows (Scandal, Murder, UnReal) but I just found Arrow too emotionally manipulative.

My current roster including those above: Walking Dead (close to quitting), Supergirl, FotB, SVU, Superstore, Greys, Gotham, Blacklist, Modern Fam, Nashville, Crazy Ex GF, 911, Riverdale, This Is Us, Jane the Virgin

On netflix etc.: OitnB, Jess Jones, Dear White ppl.. there's a few more but those are what comes to mind atm.
I didn't mean the two (I think) people that have come back. One of whom hasn't been on the show since. I agree that Arrow is very emotionally manipulative. But part of the that is the killing off (permanently) of people. But they also find other ways. What they're doing currently with the team split is messed up.

From your roster I watch Supergirl, FotB (though I'm way behind) and Gotham.

·
x
34,514 Posts
I didn't mean the two (I think) people that have come back. One of whom hasn't been on the show since. I agree that Arrow is very emotionally manipulative. But part of the that is the killing off (permanently) of people. But they also find other ways. What they're doing currently with the team split is messed up.

From your roster I watch Supergirl, FotB (though I'm way behind) and Gotham.
From what I last watched/remembered, Laurel is reincarnated as something, Slade is back, Thea came back from the dead, as did Ollie, and Laurel's sister. Thea's dad in more ways than one is also on that same boat. It's just .. can't they just stay dead forever?

I also couldn't keep up with the timeline back and forth. Just too busy for me.

I think This Is Us is superb tho, there is abit of emotional manipulation but I feel like it's justified.. for now.

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
From what I last watched/remembered, Laurel is reincarnated as something, Slade is back, Thea came back from the dead, as did Ollie, and Laurel's sister. Thea's dad in more ways than one is also on that same boat. It's just .. can't they just stay dead forever?

I also couldn't keep up with the timeline back and forth. Just too busy for me.

I think This Is Us is superb tho, there is abit of emotional manipulation but I feel like it's justified.. for now.
For others: Spoiler Alert!

Warning in place let's continue:
Oliver never died. Neither did Slade or Malcolm Merlin. Laurel isn't reincarnated. She's from a parallel universe. And the emotional part is based on that. She looks the same but isn't.

So the only two people who have come back are Thea and Sara Lance who isn't in the show anymore anyway.

61 - 80 of 121 Posts