Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 121 Posts

·
Premium Member
104,723 Posts
The current season of Veep and Silicon Valley are so bad I am thinking of skipping next year.

HBO really need to up their game. Netflix are miles ahead.

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
The Walking Dead - stopped during the last season

Fear The Walking Dead - end of season 1. I have started back w/season 3 for some reason, it has been rewarding so far...

The Leftovers - stopped half way through 1st season

Wayward Pines - barely finished the 1st season

·
Registered
31,511 Posts
I rarely ever think that but in this case I agree. I think it was mostly because it was initially meant to be a mini-series. S2 was not originally in the works and was an almost completely different show.
Maybe "perfect" isn't the right word. I meant it more in the sense of "enough". I liked it a lot, but didn't feel that compulsive, "addicted" need to see more of it. It was like an extended Twilight Zone episode and I loved that about it, but anything that hinges so much on a particular contrivance is just hard to extend/repeat.

·
Registered
53,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Wayward Pines. One season was perfect. Heard bad things about S2 and believed them, given how were they going to maintain interest once the secret was out.
Totally forgot this show. Yeah I only watched season 1 just because I've read the book and wanted to see how it differs. Was going to watch season 2 but never did.

·
63,674 Posts
The Blacklist - I stopped watching halfway in S2. It's too repetitive for my liking. Same with Bones. I think I stopped watching after S9 or 10.

I was struggling to get through Orange is the New Black first season and decided it's not for me. They tried too hard to make it funny :hysteric: Weeds was 10 times better than this shit show :lol:

·
Registered
31,511 Posts
The Blacklist - I stopped watching halfway in S2. It's too repetitive for my liking. Same with Bones. I think I stopped watching after S9 or 10.

I was struggling to get through Orange is the New Black first season and decided it's not for me. They tried too hard to make it funny :hysteric: Weeds was 10 times better than this shit show :lol:
Completely agree. Was enjoying Spader's character for a while but it just got to be the same type of contrived situation over and over. Too many of these network shows are like that.

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Arrow, The Flash, Marvel's Agents of Shield.

Basically with all 3 i needed to cut some TV shows as I didn't have time and they weren't interesting me anymore.

Once upon a time- I watched 5 seasons and it was beginning to drag. Started season 6 and just couldn't take anymore.

Homeland- Once Brodie died I didn't see any point to the show.

·
La nuit je mens
87,071 Posts
Bloodline - haven't been able to get into season 2
Outlander - dropped halfway season 2
Fargo - haven't finished season 1
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - found season 2 barely funny and dropped it after 10 minutes of season 3, the acting became horrendous
Jane the Virgin - got bored

Currently having trouble to get through Sense8 season 2.

·
Registered
27,408 Posts
Too many to list. For example all Shonda Rhimes shows. I aways lose interest in Second or Third Season (Grey's Anatomy, Scandal, HTGAWM, and even with The Catch I lost interest midway first Season, etc And Private Practice. I think I watched First Season and that's it.)

·
Registered
27,408 Posts
Actually most of shows struggle to keep quality and simply can't stop. Like I used to love Bones but with about 7 Seasons I had enough. And it's still airing I think.

Now some shows not only keep the level but actually improve over the Seasons but they are minority, these are some off the top of my head:

Mad Men
Breaking Bad
The Leftovers
Buffy the Vampire Slayer

All have in common that its first Season is the least interesting by far at least in my opinion and peak in the last Seasons (not in Buffy's case, it peaks earlier but have a satisfying final Season imo).

·
Registered
54,052 Posts
"The Walking Dead"

At the beginning it was good, interesting and exciting

But with each cycle it became more and more violent, brutal and disgusting :help:

·
Registered
57,323 Posts
Anyone is watching the medici?

·
Registered
57,323 Posts
Bloodline - haven't been able to get into season 2
Outlander - dropped halfway season 2
Fargo - haven't finished season 1
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - found season 2 barely funny and dropped it after 10 minutes of season 3, the acting became horrendous
Jane the Virgin - got bored

Currently having trouble to get through Sense8 season 2.
Outlander s2 was weak

·
Shovel Yourself Out Of The Shit
25,175 Posts
The Walking Dead (Tedious macho BS hate all characters)
True Blood (Should have just stuck with the vampires)
Simpsons (There's a lot to be said for knowing when to end a good thing)
Wayward Pines (Didn't like the first season, and people said it got worse)
Mad Men (Never grabbed me - although I feel like I should give it another go)

21 - 40 of 121 Posts