Tennis Forum banner

1961 - 1980 of 2011 Posts

·
Registered
30,994 Posts
Castle Rock, Season 2 - Lizzie Caplan plays a younger version of Kathy Bates' character from Misery, Annie Wilkes. Two episodes in everything seems better than the first season of this anthology horror series. It adds a good dose of pulpiness which the first could have benefited from, and Caplan is great.

·
Administrator
63,514 Posts

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
TV season is back. New episodes of Rick & Morty, The Blacklist, Shameless US, Ray Donovan and South Park.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Castle Rock, Season 2 - Lizzie Caplan plays a younger version of Kathy Bates' character from Misery, Annie Wilkes. Two episodes in everything seems better than the first season of this anthology horror series. It adds a good dose of pulpiness which the first could have benefited from, and Caplan is great.

Damn between this, Watchmen, Shameless and His Dark Materials it looks like I need to get CraveTV back for a few months.

·
Registered
27,329 Posts
Big Little Lies

I'm late, but I thought I'd give it a go. I think it's basically a high quality sopa opera. Not a fan of Jean-Marc Vallée stagily style and annoying editing, but for whatever reason the whole package works.

After what I've heard (and what they did to director Andrea Arnold), I probably won't be watching season 2, though.
I enjoyed so much Season 1 but I barely couldn’t finish S2 episode 1 and I haven’t come back to it since.
There are shows that should be just one Season only.

Likewise, I found S2 episode 1 of 13 Reasons Why unwatchable so I gave up very long ago. What is even the point of continuing this show after being all wrapped up after one Season?

·
Registered
6,469 Posts

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
The Good Place turned out to be something? First season was kinda meh.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
I guess Shameless US is done as a TV series. They went from a south-side reality to some unfunny skits. #bringfionaback

·
Registered
27,329 Posts
The Good Place turned out to be something? First season was kinda meh.
I love it and for a show like this it’s remarkable to have kept a good level but if you didn’t like first Season much then you should give up on it. Last Season remains unseen still.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Third season of The Crown.
And I am rewatching ER. It has been years and I felt like it. I just finished the first season. What a beautiful show.
I am also rewatching Vera because I felt like it hahaha.
Before this I finished season 2 and 3 of Broadchurch and the sixth season of the 100.
In between I'm watching Archer :p

·
Shovel Yourself Out Of The Shit
25,054 Posts
The Crown Season 3

·
Registered
3 Posts
My watch list is too long some the best right now are Watchmen (hbo),Dublin Murders (all4), Mr Robot (usn), The Mandalorian (d+) Grey's Anatomy (abc), His Dark Materials (bbc) waiting for money heist new season

·
Registered
14,693 Posts
Bob's Burgers S9.

Binge watching this (for my standards - i.e. 3 episodes in a row tops) wasn't the best option. IMO it works best by coming across it on TV, watching a couple of minutes and staying if the episode seems interesting/unusual and moving away if it seems to be one of the standard issue filler ones. But I do like the voice work and that the character design and animation are so reminiscent of Beavis and Butthead, but with tons more colour and background detail.

It can't really be compared to the other animated sitcoms. By "the other" I mean The Simpsons, American Dad! and Family Guy. South Park hasn't been shown on PT TV for years now, and I don't think the other shows I read about on the web have ever made it to the PT cable channels.

1961 - 1980 of 2011 Posts