Tennis Forum banner

2141 - 2146 of 2146 Posts

·
Registered
36,364 Posts
just started "doctor foster". not sure yet if it's gripping or utterly silly.

I agree. Season 3 looked completely out of place. And I am not sure how season four would fare.
oh, this was not hypthetical: just read that netflix is producing a 4th season that will air in 2022.

·
Registered
668 Posts

Excellent! Congo ... coltan = blood mineral = shady business -> very enjoyable tv series!

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Currently watching Waco. I was a bit surprised to see the religious leader painted by the show as a kind, caring person who truly believed in his cause. Halfway through, I decided to do some research on the actual objective events. Needless to say there was government overreach and gross incompetence, but the show is deliberately playing a more sympathetic picture of David Koresh and his group by omitting a few things and taking some liberties with the story.

Read the book, left me cold. Is the show any more gripping? I might still watch it just for Reese, I'm sure that she'll make her character more interesting than she was in the book.

·
Registered
31,589 Posts
Currently watching Waco. I was a bit surprised to see the religious leader painted by the show as a kind, caring person who truly believed in his cause. Halfway through, I decided to do some research on the actual objective events. Needless to say there was government overreach and gross incompetence, but the show is deliberately playing a more sympathetic picture of David Koresh and his group by omitting a few things and taking some liberties with the story.

Read the book, left me cold. Is the show any more gripping? I might still watch it just for Reese, I'm sure that she'll make her character more interesting than she was in the book.
RW was born to play this type of role, it's very similar to the one from Big Little Lies, a yuppie busybody do-gooder. But I think she does manage to make it a well-rounded, interesting character, and it's an entertaining melodrama overall.

2141 - 2146 of 2146 Posts