Tennis Forum banner

2081 - 2100 of 2103 Posts

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
I am gonna watch this next - is it as good as everyone says?
It's definitely worth a watch. The story and the main character are compelling, and the concept feels fresh and original. Part of it is in Hasidic and part in English, if that makes any difference for you.

It's short, there are only 4 episodes. Hoping for more next year.

·
Registered
10,772 Posts
Is Riverdale worth watching? I'm stuck on ep. 1 ... it strikes me as quite cheesy so far, and the tone is saccharine - so not my thing.

·
Registered
12,391 Posts

A nice thriller/mystery series, 3 episodes out of 8 are out. It takes some suspension of disbelief, after all Chris Evans plays a district attorney.

The kid is annoying immensely, though, I hope someone runs over him soon.

·
Registered
8,119 Posts

Black Sails

I'm really into pirates right now and this is a great show. It has ended with four seasons, I'm now in season 2.
The main characters, pirate captains, whores, exiles etcetera, based at the free port of Nassau, are all scheming to get power and wealth and stay independent from the crown.

*the skeleton on the pic is for dramatic purposes, the show does not contain supernatural elements. ;)

·
Registered
10,772 Posts
Vikings, I am in the middle of S5. The show itself is still entertaining, but I am less absorbed by it since S3 ended. From S4 onward the amount of cringe has increased dramatically too ...

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Vikings, I am in the middle of S5. The show itself is still entertaining, but I am less absorbed by it since S3 ended. From S4 onward the amount of cringe has increased dramatically too ...
I will only watch a Vikings show if they speak a Scandinavian language. Preferably Norwegian or Danish. Icelandic for some real authenticity!

·
Registered
9,030 Posts
I am gonna watch this next - is it as good as everyone says?
Nope. Don't understand the hype. The characters and storyline are flat, the acting is OK, but imo everything is so one-dimensional in this series. It's worth watching as an insight to Hasidic community, but I'm not sure how accurate it is (considering how the rest of the world is presented here).

Anyway I love RuPaul's Drag Race newest season. It is so strong and entertaining. There used to be threads about RPDR on TF, too bad they're gone (or all least I can't find any).

·
Premium Member
104,671 Posts
Westworld spent all the budget on pointless action scenes and stunts people they couldn't care less about the plot or the characters

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Simple, but exquisite.

·
Registered
27,404 Posts
A couple of Netflix guilty pleasures I found during this Quarantine, more in need of some scapism TV:

“Outer Banks”: About shirtless young Surf guys looking for treasures and trouble. It’s really bingeable and entertaining even despite its big plot holes. The cast is quite decent.

“Never Have I ever”: This was really much better I expected. About the coming of age of a young indian-american girl. It has lot of heart and a very diverse casting. It was really worth watching despite some minor high school series cliches. The lead actress is fantastic, so charismatic.

“Hollywood”. The latest Ryan Murphy mess. This could have been much better honestly. The writing is very subpar and the lead young actors are beautiful but mostly awful (Specially the one who plays Rock Hudson, which BTW is portraid as such an stupid bloke) yet it’s a lot of fun and have good and very funny turns by the older cast. At least it has the heart in the right place.

·
Registered
27,404 Posts
I enjoyed the first season of Dead to Me on Netflix, starring Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini. Entertaining drama with elements of mystery and dark humour. I am especially impressed with the dramatic acting of Ms. Applegate who is mostly known for her comedic roles. Second season is set to premiere on May 8, and given the way the first season ended, i can’t wait to dive back into it!
I loved this. I’ll hit Second Season soon. Both Applegate and Cardellini are really good, Emmy Worthy.

2081 - 2100 of 2103 Posts