Tennis Forum banner

1981 - 2000 of 2011 Posts

·
Registered
7,816 Posts

I'm loving the mysterious and often melancholic vibe of this show. So many twists, weird storylines and characters. No idea where this is going. :cool:

·
Registered
30,994 Posts
Unbelievable - Engrossing, if not exactly exciting, police procedural.

View attachment 171270
This limited series certainly starts out slow, it's a procedural in the truest sense, but gets better and better as it goes along and actually ended up being the best thing I've seen all year. Not to be missed. 9/10

·
Registered
35,656 Posts

I'm loving the mysterious and often melancholic vibe of this show. So many twists, weird storylines and characters. No idea where this is going. :cool:
i loved the first, dunno, 6 or 7 episodes, they were exciting and topical and the show was presenting a world that had moved on from the whole superhero thing. but then it brushed all the interesting characters aside for a story arc i found boring and frustrating.

·
Registered
7,816 Posts
i loved the first, dunno, 6 or 7 episodes, they were exciting and topical and the show was presenting a world that had moved on from the whole superhero thing. but then it brushed all the interesting characters aside for a story arc i found boring and frustrating.
It was tidied up pretty neatly but I disliked the

cheap plot help from the 'all-seeing and knowing' Manhattan.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
It was tidied up pretty neatly but I disliked the

cheap plot help from the 'all-seeing and knowing' Manhattan.
I can see the spoiler

edit: not anymore :grin2:

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
The Witcher really exceeded my expectation. Some casting choices were questionable, the timeline confusing but Geralt and Jaskier freaking nailed it.

Also Toss a Coint to your Witcher is a great song.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
@Rads101

Any input on this show? Very high rating.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Last night I stayed up to finish the final season ever of OITNB. I thought the show jumped the shark during that riot season but it picked up again. The last two eps had me all like 😭😭

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
The Witcher really exceeded my expectation. Some casting choices were questionable, the timeline confusing but Geralt and Jaskier freaking nailed it.

Also Toss a Coint to your Witcher is a great song.
I was very disappointed with the pilot, I thought everything about it was sloppy. But as a long time fan of the games I stuck with it and now I'm quite happy with how things are shaping up.

It's no GoT, but there's a lot of potential for it to become an epic fantasy series. Interesting fun fact: GoT had a dumpster fire of a pilot, which had to be completely rewritten and reshot before it eventually aired. They had even FORGOTTEN to mention that Cersei and Jamie are siblings

Too bad critics have made up their minds after watching only 1-2 episodes of The Witcher, but at least the fact that it's such a hit with the regular viewers means it'll be renewed

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I was very disappointed with the pilot, I thought everything about it was sloppy. But as a long time fan of the games I stuck with it and now I'm quite happy with how things are shaping up.

It's no GoT, but there's a lot of potential for it to become an epic fantasy series. Interesting fun fact: GoT had a dumpster fire of a pilot, which had to be completely rewritten and reshot before it eventually aired. They had even FORGOTTEN to mention that Cersei and Jamie are siblings

Too bad critics have made up their minds after watching only 1-2 episodes of The Witcher, but at least the fact that it's such a hit with the regular viewers means it'll be renewed
It has already been renewed. The next season is planned to be released in 2021.

·
7,470 Posts
@Rads101

Any input on this show? Very high rating.

Not really. I don't live in Romania for many years already and lost touch with most of the productions there.

I think @Dan for example might still live there. Perhaps he saw the show.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Not really. I don't live in Romania for many years already and lost touch with most of the productions there.

I think @Dan for example might still live there. Perhaps he saw the show.
I can confirm that this show is the real deal. No wonder though, it's made by HBO!

Highly recommended.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
The latest episode of Ray Donovan was definitely the best of the whole series. Masterful mix of the past with the present.

·
Premium Member
3,970 Posts
Watched The Morning Show --- 8/10, also started On Becoming a God in Central Florida, not very impressed after the first two episodes, I'll stay with it a bit longer, for Kirsten. About to start Shtisel, an Israeli production, heard good things about it.

1981 - 2000 of 2011 Posts