Tennis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They're putting the ladies doubles final on court 2?! Look at who they have playing on court 1...

-Mens doubles finals
-35 and over senior womens doubles final
-45 and over senior mens doubles final

:eek: That's pathetic...

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,996 Posts
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Who are the seniors on Court 1? Maybe they think those people are a bigger draw than the 4 women in the doubles final. If Martina N had made the final, I am sure the women's doubles would have been on Court 1 or even Centre Court.

·
8,263 Posts
that is absolutely insulting, I thought they put finals in cnetre court ?

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
I think it's because Cara Black has to play a mixed semi, then the woman's final and then the mixed final possibly so they are having to space it out a bit for her maybe :confused: Plus the men's final is best of 5 ,so if Cara's having to get her matches out of the way early she might be waiting around if she is scheduled on 1. Anyway the Court 2 people will really appreciate it more and make more noise at seeing one of the real finals rather than a juniors/seniors match.

·
8,263 Posts
and how can they put mixed doubles semis second when the winner have to play after mens final?

If mens final over quickly and womens dubs final last long, the winner on that side will be too tired, wtf?

way to screw up Cara Black as well. The best way to sort it out would have been mixed doubles semis in court 2 and have mixed doubles final after men final and women doubles final

·
7,996 Posts
Wendy Turnball said:
Some <me> would argue thats the highlight of Wimbledon *cough*
Yes we know....and we love to see you lunge for those volleys, with all that pleasant....erm....jiggling.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Junior finals on courts 3 and 18 !!!! and we have these OAPs clogging up centre and no. 1 courts. Ridiculous.

The junior finals should be opening acts for the seniors on the Saturrday and Sunday.

Reactions: Sash1

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
You people can be so dense sometimes.

Look at the weather forecast. It's going to absolutely piss it down today. They need to get all the important finals out of the way as soon as possible. Hence this schedule.

·
Registered
8,949 Posts
oh dear well its the rains fault, its a shame but i guess we'll have to go with the flow and hope that all the matches get played at some point today...

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Junior finals on courts 3 and 18 !!!! and we have these OAPs clogging up centre and no. 1 courts. Ridiculous.

The junior finals should be opening acts for the seniors on the Saturrday and Sunday.

EXACTLY, at the french open juniors are on court 1. putting them on court 3 and 18 is abit of an insult compared to french open. at least put them on court 2 or 1

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
They dont seem to be keeping to the published schedule anyhow!

The BBC seem to know when the wd final is, but they're not telling anyone.

·
Registered
17,733 Posts
Its cos Jo Durie is playing in the senoirs event...but I still think its dumb. Also the BBC aint going interactive for the wd final....

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
ahh finals of juniors meant to be court 1, but because of rain delays they arent

1 - 17 of 17 Posts