Tennis Forum banner

601 - 611 of 611 Posts

·
Milk and honey
3,445 Posts
I've switched again :scared:

I decided that the winter testing I did wasn't extensive enough, I didn't try the Prince, Dunlop or Technifibre rackets because I assumed they would be awful, and I hadn't tried all of the new Yonex rackets.

I really vibed with the V-Core Pro for a while, and the 305g E-Zone 98 was fun to hit with, but overall neither gave me enough of what I was looking for. The Technifibre rackets felt very odd to say the least, the Dunlop rackets were as useless as expected and the Princes were boardy beyond belief. I miss the days when Prince made good rackets :tears:

I had another look at the Head Rackets and tried some different setups. The new extreme is still a hard pass, but I enjoyed the new speed and instinct iterations. Both really gave me the maneuverability that I wanted, with the instinct providing me with easier power and spin, with the speed giving me better feel and control. I have yet to decide between the two :eek: I'm leaning towards the instinct because as a naturally flatter hitter, the powerful instinct beefs up and plays to that, whilst still giving me a decent amount of spin which is needed in the era we are in now where most amateur players are spin machines or junk ballers. I enjoy the control and feel of the speed, but aside from my lob, my other touch shots like the drop-volley and the slice are just average and no racket will make them any better.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi everyone, hoping to get some recommendations from you.
I'm female in my late 20s and just started taking professional tennis lessons. Used to play in high school but obviously had no rhyme, reason, or technical training. I plan to stick to at least one session per week. My instructor gave me a Babolat Pure Drive Lite and I felt comfortable with it, but I would love a Wilson as my fave plays with a Wilson. Silly, I know, please don't judge :p :).
My partner was given a Wilson Burn 100 S Countervail and he is happy with it.

My question is if these are okay for beginners, so that we can buy them, and if there are any Wilsons that you'd recommend I'd try. Thanks a lot in advance!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi everyone, hoping to get some recommendations from you.
I'm female in my late 20s and just started taking professional tennis lessons. Used to play in high school but obviously had no rhyme, reason, or technical training. I plan to stick to at least one session per week. My instructor gave me a Babolat Pure Drive Lite and I felt comfortable with it, but I would love a Wilson as my fave plays with a Wilson. Silly, I know, please don't judge :p :).
My partner was given a Wilson Burn 100 S Countervail and he is happy with it.

My question is if these are okay for beginners, so that we can buy them, and if there are any Wilsons that you'd recommend I'd try. Thanks a lot in advance!
Burn 100s Countervail is great but 25 g heavier than your PD lite, also made for maximum spin (and less control). Countervail technology is not to everyones taste because of its muted feeling (but I like it).
I would try a new Blade 100L (just newly released, the green, black and grey color scheme) which comes closer to your PD lite in weight (but with a bit less power and better control and touch).
If you want the PD lite from Wilson, the Ultra 100L comes very very close in all parameters, will play almost exactly the same.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Burn 100s Countervail is great but 25 g heavier than your PD lite, also made for maximum spin (and less control). Countervail technology is not to everyones taste because of its muted feeling (but I like it).
I would try a new Blade 100L (just newly released, the green, black and grey color scheme) which comes closer to your PD lite in weight (but with a bit less power and better control and touch).
If you want the PD lite from Wilson, the Ultra 100L comes very very close in all parameters, will play almost exactly the same.
Thank you so much for all the info!! :)

·
Registered
10,803 Posts
Head challenge lite. I am not feeling this one yet ... before that I was playing with Dunlop rackets.

601 - 611 of 611 Posts