Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 611 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: What tennis racquet do u use?

i use a wilson hammer 3.2 power holes. Yes its an older racquet, but still love it and haven't found one that suits me better.

However, i only have one because my other is cracked. I have been searching every where for another one. Does anyone know where i can buy another one?

·
Registered
10,113 Posts

I still use the Yonex RQiS 1...my Ivanovic-like game really does respond well to that racket. And I haven't just disappeared off the face of the earth either after having a really good result with it either (unlike certain Serbs...haha)

·
Premium Member
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

I still use Pure Drive GT. I like it but would like a change. :p What racquets play similar to the PD GT? :)

·
Registered
1,743 Posts

Dunlop Aerogel 4D 300 :hearts:

·
Registered
10,113 Posts

·
upset I can't delete posts anymore
10,136 Posts

I use the Head Liquidmetal 4, and have for about 2 years. It's very cheap (only about $70) and is an EXCELLENT racquet for mediocre players (not great players, but not beginners either). Also, I string my own racquets, and I've found that this is the easiest racquet I've ever strung (easy specs, good holes, long lasting grommets, etc).

I've demoed a bunch of newer rackets, like the Head Youtek, KFactor, BLX, some Yonex ones... none of them give me the control, consistency, and occassional power that I have with the LM4.

If you're a player looking to step past beginner, and don't want to spend a lot on a racquet, I would recommend this one for sure.

LOVE that racket. It strikes and serves really well, but it always felt too light in my hand.

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts

I really do use the old Prince Turbo Shark like the one TOB used to win Wimby. I want to get a new one, but it's still in good shape and I can't justify junking a good racket on a whim. Maybe one of these days.

Most of my tennis fundage gets spent on my son right now anyway. He uses a Wilson NCode. We actually bought up several when they discontinued it, but they're getting pretty beat up. We'll probably have to replace them soon.

·
Writer of Stuff
8,734 Posts

Prince O3 Speedport White. I was a long time Head racquet owner, and treated myself to an upgrade to a Microgel after my shoulder surgery a couple of years ago. The vibration was awful on my reconstructed shoulder and the weight too much, so I demo'd a few different racquets before settling on the Prince Speedport, which was like a Godsend, the way it cut through the air and had amazing response time. I wouldn't swap that racquet for anything. In fact, I went out and bought a couple more frames just in case Prince quits making them.

·
Registered
2 Posts

anyone know where I can find another wilson hammer 3.2 power holes. It's an older racket, probably 9 or 10 years older.

·
Registered
37,465 Posts

Yonex RQS 11, I'm in love with this racket makes me play very well, it suits my game a lot, I mean I bought this racket 3 or 4 months after I bought my other racket, the Wilson nCode nSix-Two, and I could play with them both when my game was taking shape, but right now I just can't play with the wilson lol.

·
Registered
13,125 Posts

·
Registered
2,413 Posts

i use the Prince 03 white. Struggled to get use to after after using the 03 blue for so long but now i feel so comfortable with it. Immense power.

·
Registered
16,941 Posts

Babolat Pure Storm GT.

and

·
Registered
3,381 Posts

I currently use a death racquet by Wilson.

I'm wanting to get a Prince racuqet, probably the Speedport Red or White.

41 - 60 of 611 Posts