Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 611 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,026 Posts
Re: What tennis racquet do u use?

I used XY racquets... Pro-Kennex was good, because I never crashed her and she was good for voleys:p

Now I played with..I don´t know.."C"...and she has very good strings..very good for doubles:yeah:

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts

I still have my trusty Prince Turbo Shark, just like TOB used to win Wimbledon. I do cast the occasional covetous eye at some of those O series rackets, but I can't justify replacing it yet.

The biggest mistakes of Lena's career were trimming her bangs and, and this is a very close second, dumping her Prince for a Yonex. I hate Yonex.

Even though my favorite player and my doubles partner both play Yonex.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts

An awful Wilson one that is totally battered. Ever since the paint started chipping off, it seems to be a lot lighter, which is great because it played havoc with my shoulder.
I need a new one, that's not so damaging, but I've just gotten used to hitting a powerful backhand with it and I don't know if I can be bothered trying to go through that process again because it's my favourite shot when it's on.

·
Serena's #1 Hater
19,698 Posts

I use the Head Microgel Prestige Pro, strung with Gamma Live Wire XP 16 at 60 pounds. :yeah:

·
Registered
2 Posts

I have ten Rossignol wood rackets, a fiberglass Yamaha, a set of three oversize graphite rackets (two of which are Red Chinese cheapies)...and an old wood racket (uncertain make)... The most frequently used of the lot are the wooden Rossignols. I have to strip the grips off of them, sand them down --to get the glue off-- and build them back up with duct tape to 4 5/8"

I'm 49, and I think the first racket I played was a Spalding Smasher...which had a smaller than average head size. Hence the movement against the high-tech trend...I went with a small head size (old wooden technology) rather than lighter and bigger graphite or boron fibers...to recapture the 'feel' from my youth.

Of course, when they go whippy, as those rackets may, I'm stuck.

·
Registered
10,113 Posts

I play with the Yonex RQiS 1, 95 inch head....I get my Ana Ivanovic on all over the court.

·
Banned
3 Posts

A racquet (or racket) is a sports implement consisting of a handled frame with an open hoop across which a network of cord is stretched tightly. It is used for striking a ball in such games as squash, tennis, racquetball, and badminton. Collectively, these games are known as racquet sports.

The frame of racquets for all sports was traditionally made of laminated wood and the strings of animal intestine known as gut; cat gut was most commonly used. The traditional racquet size was limited by the strength and weight of the wooden frame which had to be strong enough to hold the strings and stiff enough to hit the ball or shuttle. Manufacturers started adding non-wood laminates to wood racquets to improve stiffness. Non-wood racquets were made first of steel, then of aluminium, and then carbon fiber composites. Wood is still used for real tennis, racquets, and xare. Most racquets are now made of composite materials including carbon fibre, fiberglass, metals such as titanium alloys or ceramics.

Gut has partially been replaced by synthetic materials including nylon, polyamide, and other polymers. Racquets are restrung when necessary, which may be after every match for a professional or never for a social player.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts

Babolat Pure Drive GT, with Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour in the crosses and Wilson NXT Tour String in the mains at 60lbs...

I want a Head YouTek Speed though...

·
Banned
2,107 Posts

I use the Wilson ProStaff 6.0 Original (midplus).
It is no longer made so I buy from ebay when I need a new one.
It is a very headlight racquet, so I have to generate a lot of the power myself. It is a bit heavy too, requiring a full swing to produce a good shot. I love the racquet on groundtrokes and volleys and first serve. It's alright on the 2nd serve but I have to really swing to get moderate kick on the second serve.

I use wilson extreme synthetic gut 16g string, Black. I like the black string, black racquet look.

·
Premium Member
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

recently switched to the pure drive gt.....its a good racquet :)

·
Premium Member
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Thought I would bump, to see if anyone has changed racket. :p

1 - 20 of 611 Posts