Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 776 Posts

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Different from the What Are You Listening To RIGHT NOW thread, this is for posting the songs that are running in your head when it's quiet.

I woke up this morning with this one and it's still there, and I have no idea why. :spit:

·
Registered
27,292 Posts
Last Christmas. It has been played a lot these last days for obvious reasons and I can't get it out of my head now.

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
Most days I wake up with a song in my head.

Today wasn't one of those days though.

"Hey Jealousy" by that garbage '90s bar band Gin Blossoms :mad:
People say I have good taste in my music. One time at the bar, among other songs on the jukebox I played Hey Jealousy. People were like, "Who put this shit on? It couldn't have been you."

I still have that Gin Blossoms album in my collection. I like it. :shrug:

·
Registered
18,969 Posts
I got this stuck in my head :haha:

horrific bassline :SNE:

·
7,149 Posts

I'd like to thank my next door neighbours who had a Christmas gathering at 2am and felt the need to blast this song over and over again.

·
Blighted and solo
43,896 Posts
Angel Olsen - Shut Up Kiss Me :inlove:

·
Registered
18,969 Posts

I'd like to thank my next door neighbours who had a Christmas gathering at 2am and felt the need to blast this song over and over again.
how the hell did you understand the lyrics enough to find the song on youtube? :spit:

·
Registered
30,812 Posts
Still in a Dire Straits phase, so...

·
Registered
30,812 Posts

·
Registered
4,826 Posts

how the hell did you understand the lyrics enough to find the song on youtube? :spit:
:lol::lol::lol:
Believe it or not Future is considered by many as climbing the letter to genius. That song was a number one hit last year. Most on this board don't like rap music and don't even try to understand it. This song is simply about a person who is in a reckless, celebratory, party mood, who is rich, fucked up on alcohol and/or drug of choice, and wants to party and blow large sums of money just for the hell of it or just because he can and because he wants to release some things. The beat is vicious and the words though vulgar to some, use rap poetry to describe that scene. Fuck Up some Commas, means blow large sums of money. Think of it as a weekend in Vegas with a big spender.

He Starts the night off spending forty thousand dollars, then one hundred thousand, then 2 hundred thousand, then three hundred thousand, then half a mill, up to a mill. I'm pretty sure that the part you can't get out of your head is when he's describing the escalation of money being spent:

Fuck up some commas, let's fuck up some commas
Forty though to a hunned thou
A hunned thou nother hunned thou
Three hunned thou, five hunned thou
A mill y'all let's have a money shower

He irks the hell out of me re his personal life, but as an Artist, he's extremely talented.

·
7,149 Posts
@Matmagix I used to play that album quite often last year so I'm pretty familiar with the song :lol:

Like Trizap said, it's the counting the money in the chorus which got stuck in mind head for the last few days.

·
Registered
30,812 Posts

·
Registered
18,969 Posts
:lol::lol::lol:
Believe it or not Future is considered by many as climbing the letter to genius. That song was a number one hit last year. Most on this board don't like rap music and don't even try to understand it. This song is simply about a person who is in a reckless, celebratory, party mood, who is rich, fucked up on alcohol and/or drug of choice, and wants to party and blow large sums of money just for the hell of it or just because he can and because he wants to release some things. The beat is vicious and the words though vulgar to some, use rap poetry to describe that scene. Fuck Up some Commas, means blow large sums of money. Think of it as a weekend in Vegas with a big spender.

He Starts the night off spending forty thousand dollars, then one hundred thousand, then 2 hundred thousand, then three hundred thousand, then half a mill, up to a mill. I'm pretty sure that the part you can't get out of your head is when he's describing the escalation of money being spent:

Fuck up some commas, let's fuck up some commas
Forty though to a hunned thou
A hunned thou nother hunned thou
Three hunned thou, five hunned thou
A mill y'all let's have a money shower

He irks the hell out of me re his personal life, but as an Artist, he's extremely talented.
@Matmagix I used to play that album quite often last year so I'm pretty familiar with the song :lol:

Like Trizap said, it's the counting the money in the chorus which got stuck in mind head for the last few days.
Not exactly my kind of hiphop but thanks for the quirky explanation :hatoff:
I tend to prefer the preachier types where you hang off every phrase >:)

From wikipedia:
"Hopsin is against drug and alcohol usage, and has criticized how mainstream entertainers promote usage of drugs and alcohol to youth. In some of his tracks, such as "Nocturnal Rainbows", he emphasizes his dislike for drugs (most notably crystal meth) and the irreversible damage they are capable of. Hopsin has stated that he tries to be a hip hop musician who can instill positive influences in people who listen to his music.[7][63] He follows a straight edge lifestyle, and has claimed to have never drunk, taken recreational drugs, or smoked.[64]"

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Not exactly my kind of hiphop but thanks for the quirky explanation :hatoff:
I tend to prefer the preachier types where you hang off every phrase >:)

From wikipedia:
Well Noc is talented and I like his music. But that's the thing about rap music, hell all music..... There is a full spectrum. For instance, I've notice some like the kind that are preaching but there like seems to be based on who they are preaching too. Bob their heads in agreement when brotha's preach about the ills of their own, but that bobbing quickly stops when that same Brotha gets to preaching about the ills of other's outside his race. Public Enemy is the best rap group that ever existed, and they delivered a real message. But, most weren't willing to acknowledge that kind of truth. On the other hand, I can sure think of a lot of pop, rock and country songs describing a weekend of debauchery, that some people who hate this song would love :cool:

·
Registered
18,085 Posts
Fleetwood Mac - Rhiannon

1 - 20 of 776 Posts