Tennis Forum banner

2121 - 2140 of 2213 Posts

·
Premium Member
38,681 Posts
and this remains my fave Doors album... you wouldn't think they could go further after Morrison Hotel (back to the roots with a pub sound mixing keyboards and guitars), but they did... with Morrison's vocals trampling on anything with despair and endless need of absolute.

and they could make it warm nonetheless

after all, this band was alive and real...

·
Premium Member
38,681 Posts
Brel in flemish... singing a childhood memory coming over like a flow from his heartful past... a love associated with the cities, cathedrals, the grey sky and sea... the piano sounds like the foam on the cost... and Brel ends to bell out that remember like the bells of the cathedrals...

·
HEADBANGER
69,333 Posts
"Pinball Wizard" - The Who

Happy 75th to Pete Townshend

·
Registered
6,583 Posts

·
Premium Member
38,681 Posts
My favorite Newman album - superb production, never too much, just enough, and great songs - short, essential. I just love his musical world, conveying the poetry of ragtime, cabaret, music hall, lullabies... always a contrast between the first emotional degree of this music and the humor, minimalism, sharp irony of his lyrics.

·
HEADBANGER
69,333 Posts
"Steal Your Love" - Lucinda Williams

·
Premium Member
38,681 Posts
Makes you wonder why you can't stop it during 7 mn. Kraftwerk worked on addiction. 1975. The whole album is interesting (not one of their most praised, but it features that hit and other haunting sounds). Laurie Anderson only came six years later with "O Superman".

2121 - 2140 of 2213 Posts