Tennis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Elena-Nastya match, apparently we'll have one winner, but one loser too. Naturally, I am neutral on this one.
Tania vs Eleni, Tania should pull thru on experience, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the greek girl win this one.
Sveta-Iroda, I think that, while Iroda is favourite, Sveta might surprise us.

On men's side, optimistically, I count on both Misha and Marat winning. But realistically, Misha could be upset today. Hopefully not.

We have a lot to cheer for in doubles. And the last question, who thinks that Zhenya won't tank his doubles match today?

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
It's really sad that Kafelnikov threw his career away by playing far too many tournaments over the last 10 years. I said years ago, that Yevgeny would burn out at a young age. And unfortunately he has. Let's hope Marat Safin avoids the same mistake in her career.

In a battle of the most beautiful legs in tennis, Elena Dementieva plays Anastassia Myskina. I hope Dementieva wins. She could win a couple more rounds. If Myskina wins, then she'll probably lose the next match. Udachi Elena!

I would love to see a Safin/Youzhny 3rd round match. But of course here in America, they won't show that match on ESPN2. I'm sure of that.

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Burnout at young age? He will be 28 in one month time, for CS.. That's the age when most of the tennis greats has already retired or past their prime. I however concede the possibility that it could be the beginning of the end. I do hope that at least he still has it in him to give one more good shot at winning DC ( because when he's gone, Russia is unlikely to have a good chance soon ), and winning a record-breaking 6th straight Kremlin Cup..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts