Tennis Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be French Open # 7 for me I have watched i since 1997 and 1997 Roland Garros was my first ever Grand Slam I watched and the 4th tennis tournament I ever watched.

My favorite Roland Garros is a tie between 1998 and 1999
How about for you?

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
This will be my #5.
And my favorites were 2000 and 2001.
Least favorite was last years... :rolleyes:

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
Um,... ok my 15th? And 1992 was the best, hands down - never to be duplicated, replicated, or reinvented.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
my 14th.
I think my fav is 95. 99 was a lot of fun too:D

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Funny, I thought about this today.
It all started in 1997 when Filip De Wulf played the semi final against Guga. :hearts:
Since then my interest for tennis remained. So this must be my 7th. Favourite years:
- 1999: Agassi finishing his Slam. Unfortunately I did not see the women's final and until now I haven't seen it. :(
- 2000: Guga against Magnus Norman. 11 matchpoints!
- Absolute favourite year: 2001! Breakthrough of Kim and Justine.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
This will be my 4th french open, my interest in tennis all starte with Roland Garros 2000, not because it was so interesting, but because I was at an age that I began to see the beauty of tennis. The first match I saw was Stevenson vs. Dechy, Dechy won that match

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
My first RG was in 83 when yannick Noah won it. So it's been 20 years already ... my favourite was in 1999 when Steffi Graf won her last GS!

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
This will be my second French Open.
I did see the 01 finals between Kim and J.Cap so I would point to that as my favorite.

Last year though was a little disaster.(ASV losing in 1st round) :eek:
But I would like to say that I enjoyed the third round match between Martinez and Dokic last year for the drama.

·
Love the Legends of Tennis
4,464 Posts
Like Rollo, I have been following the French for quite some time... since the early 80s when Australia first started to broadcast it. I wished I could have seen 1973 when Court bt Evert in one of the great epic finals.... but my favourites also mirror Rollo's:

1985 between Evert & Navratilova was my favourite ever. I recall watching this with a group of friends and we were also screaming hysterically during the match, and especially when Chris hit the winning shot! One of the most exciting matches ever!

Then 1999 was incredible too. Amazing match full of emotion and drama.

In hindsight I loved 1992 as well, but I don't think I saw it live at the time - just on video.

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
This will be my #5.
And my favorite was 1999 :)
2001 was ok too ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts