Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still confused about the new "Road Map", do players defend last year's Rome points, or others, or none ?

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Couldn't be Rome, because it still exists. Prior Madrid tourney was at a lower level, so that doesn't work either. Not sure.
It doesn't work that way. Madrid used to exist as a tournament years ago as a tier 3 or 4 a week before RG.
So you must be right Frenchie, Rome points. So it looks like Venus would even overtake Serena and be seeded 2 for RG.

·
Premium Member
181,943 Posts
its not only Rome pts but also their 16th best score also comes off and gets replaced by Madrid

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
its not only Rome pts but also their 16th best score also comes off and gets replaced by Madrid
Yeah, but they defend their points from Rome and get them replaced by mandatory points from Madrid. I don't say that you don't know how does it work(who would know then), it's just matter of the way its said :p

·
GIMME SHELTER
48,421 Posts
Eggy, can you provide a link for the former best17-link @webpark?

Is there already a best16 substitute ?

pls Eggy, help !

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
So what points did players defend in the Rome tournament that just ended? I'm quite confused. :confused:
Apparently related to Roadmap and new Mandatory event, but am curious as to rationale for Rome points needed to be defended by performance in Madrid.

·
Premium Member
181,943 Posts

·
Banned
9,786 Posts
It's a 52-week rolling system. It doesn't matter when tournament was played last year and when it is played this year. 52 weeks passed -- your points from 52 weeks ago dropped off.
In Rome players defended their 2008 Berlin points.

·
Premium Member
181,943 Posts
So what points did players defend in the Rome tournament that just ended? I'm quite confused. :confused:
Apparently related to Roadmap and new Mandatory event, but am curious as to rationale for Rome points needed to be defended by performance in Madrid.
it was in same week last yr, thats all that matters

·
Registered
25,370 Posts
these mandatory tournaments are so important to win matches at as eggy said this will be on players ranking even with a 1st round loss.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
it was in same week last yr, thats all that matters
Okay Rome 09 was defending Tier I Berlin 08, which Safina also won. So she hasn't pulled way ahead in the rankings yet based on today's win. But she didn't play Rome last year, so will get a big boost if she does well in Madrid.

·
PharMaria Co. CFO
14,207 Posts
Okay Rome 09 was defending Tier I Berlin 08, which Safina also won. So she hasn't pulled way ahead in the rankings yet based on today's win. But she didn't play Rome last year, so will get a big boost if she does well in Madrid.
but Madrid will replace her non-mandatory 16th best result, which is 320pts i think. So, she need at least SF(450pts) in Madrid to gain some extra.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
but Madrid will replace her non-mandatory 16th best result, which is 320pts i think. So, she need at least SF(450pts) in Madrid to gain some extra.
its 200 for the Tier 3/4 ? grass court final.

·
Premium Member
181,943 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts