Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BJK is being soundly thrashed on this board for her decison to play only the Sisters at Fed Cup. i have no problem with that.

but what about Zina? does anyone seriously believe that Zina sat idly by while BJK made ALL the decisions? :confused:

·
Registered
956 Posts
tennischick said:
BJK is being soundly thrashed on this board for her decison to play only the Sisters at Fed Cup. i have no problem with that.

but what about Zina? does anyone seriously believe that Zina sat idly by while BJK made ALL the decisions? :confused:

So tell me tennischick, are you in on the decision-making process at the Fed Cup? Do you know something we don't?. In any sporting event, the head coach always gets the credit or the blame. It's all or nothing. When the Fed Cup team was winning I don't recall Zina getting any of the kudos, so now that there is some controversy, why drag her in? You may be right that Zina had a hand in this issue, but BJK is the head coach and the buck stops with her .....as it should.

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
calabar said:
So tell me tennischick, are you in on the decision-making process at the Fed Cup? Do you know something we don't?. In any sporting event, the head coach always gets the credit or the blame. It's all or nothing. When the Fed Cup team was winning I don't recall Zina getting any of the kudos, so now that there is some controversy, why drag her in? You may be right that Zina had a hand in this issue, but BJK is the head coach and the buck stops with her .....as it should.
Yes Well done BJK to leading your team to a comprehensive 5-0 Victory :)

Reactions: auntie janie

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Zina is cool in my book! Besides, BJK loves the attention. I'm sure BJK is thrilled because the Fed Cup is getting more exposure due to all this controversy. There is no news like bad news...or bad press is better than no press...

·
Senior Member,
2,918 Posts
well, it certainly makes fed cup interesting

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
baleineau said:
well, it certainly makes fed cup interesting
Well, semi-interesting. I mean, taking a nice long look at BJK is what most people are there for. I mean, can you believe how a once svelte grass licking, um, I mean grass playing tennis queen has just let herself go! Like a horrific car wreck, you just can't turn away!

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and in contrast Zina looks terrific, i agree. and i accept that BJK is the captain and the buck stops with her but what's the use of having Zina aboard if she has no say in anything?

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Interesting thoughts TC. I hadn't even thought of Zina's role in the decision making process. I'm sure she has input and her voice is heard. But Billie Jean King has the final say.

calabar, getting TC involved in the decision making process of Fed Cup is a great idea! She knows tennis and loves it. She wouldn't be biased. I think I'll call my contacts tomorrow at the USTA and see if they will accept some much needed new blood! :D

Keith, what do King's looks have to do with anything? And I sincerely doubt King is pleased to have such negative publicity aimed at her.

The backups almost always play when a Fed Cup or Davis Cup Tie has been decided. That should have been the case here as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts