Tennis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need tips guys, but I have my own ideas ;)

·
Worshipping POP ICON GODDESSES
7,797 Posts
A parent must remember they were once a child themselves.
A parent must grow with their child.
Love, cherish and provide a supportive home.
Give lots of kisses...even when the child thinks they are too old to recieve them.

·
Banned
75 Posts
 The most important thing parents should do is NOT let the kids do whatever they want to. Spoiling always makes bad human beings. It seems American parents express their love for their kids way too much as a result their kids come to think they are the kings or queens of the world. They better stop staying "I love you honey, you are the most beautiful thing in the world" things.

·
Banned
756 Posts
A good parent keeps their child safe and loved at all times. Jammyman is almost 4 and he's a little spoiled but he's a good kid. As I much as I love him I make it very clear that I am the parent and he is the child. I don't like any of this 'my mom is best friend' business. You're not supposed to be their friend. You do your best to prepare them to move out on their own after college when they will take care of themselves. Of course I'll help my son out financially to get started but he will be successful doing it mostly on his own. You have to give your kids that otherwise they might as well live at home for the rest of their lives but do you really want 35 yr. old children luxuriating in your house?

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
My mum and dad are awesome :) they support me in whatever i did in life, accepted my choice and decisions, and let me live my life without being overprotective but still being there. I had friends whose parents were scared to let them out of there sight and full of petty house rules etc which caused resentment in there families, my folks brought my up well taught me the rights and wrongs and trusted me to behave and become a mature person for myself. Maybe this dont work in some cases but with me it worked a treat. As a result im now 21 and me and my parents are very close, i mean its my dad who i ask to tennis tournaments with me :lol: of course they are still my parents but they are my friends too.

·
Banned
75 Posts
sarza said:
My mum and dad are awesome :) they support me in whatever i did in life, accepted my choice and decisions, and let me live my life without being overprotective but still being there. I had friends whose parents were scared to let them out of there sight and full of petty house rules etc which caused resentment in there families, my folks brought my up well taught me the rights and wrongs and trusted me to behave and become a mature person for myself. Maybe this dont work in some cases but with me it worked a treat. As a result im now 21 and me and my parents are very close, i mean its my dad who i ask to tennis tournaments with me :lol: of course they are still my parents but they are my friends too.
I'm sure your parents did a fantastic job raising you. It's good to hear a story like yours for a change. :cool:

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Kingazza said:
I'm sure your parents did a fantastic job raising you. It's good to hear a story like yours for a change. :cool:

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
A good parent is someone who can give them all their giraffic needs. And who can also give their child vowelistic blessings. PamLove: The best you can get.

·
Banned
6,784 Posts
I got two little ones 3 1/2 and 2 1/2. They are doing just fine. We play them a lot, and have fun and we give them a lot of leverage. however, they know there are limits and that no means no. If they act up too much they know they are going in their room. A think being a good parent means being extra careful. You gotta be 180 percent aware. you know what you are going to do, but you cant predict other peoples behavior. so that means just cause the light turns green doesnt mean go. you gotta make sure no bikes are coming. Youd be surprised how reckless other people can be when it isnt their asses on the line. so safety is first. I cant stress enough how careful you have to be of other people...ie, peolpe smoking their cigarettes with the burning part out away from them....tons of stuff like that. you gotta make sure about windows on elevated floors, watch out for dogs, doors, aggressive kids, bikes, everything. i think a good parent can have a lot of bad qualities but if they do the essentials, they are ahead of the game. A good parent talks to the kids a lot. At very early ages, kids can understand stuff if you explain it to them. let them know on sunday, ok, you go to school tomorrow, im gonna pick you up, and were gonna have spaghetti and meatballs etc. Good parents dont teach with fear. Kids should be aware of real dangers, that there are nasty bad people out there...;but ive heard and seen parents make up imaginary monsters to get kids to do their bidding, and i dont think that is the right approach. Some things, you just dont do cuase PAPA Said you shouldnt, so suffer in silence. voilà.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Authoritative parents :eek:

Reactions: OUT!

·
Banned
13,390 Posts
a good parent loves, and accepts and works to understand you...no matter what.

i also believe that one of the best ways you can love your child is to love and respect their other parent...even if you are not together.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
DeuceDiva said:
a good parent loves, and accepts and works to understand you...no matter what.
i also believe that one of the best ways you can love your child is to love and respect their other parent...even if you are not together.
azza said:
a good parent gives me whateva the fuck i want.
Just look how different are those people :)

·
Premium Member
36,860 Posts
i've become a father 6 months ago and i love it. the most important thing is to be yourself and to stay yourself. imo it's one of the biggest mistakes people make when they expect that a child will change/improve their life. they have high expectations before the poor child is even born. the most horrible thing is people who have children because their relationship is in a crisis and they think they can mend it by having a child. that's just stupid and unfair.

care about the child and give him/her all the love you have. but also care about yourself, because only when you are happy, your child can be happy, too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts