Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and if you are done, what kind of work are you doing now?

I am planning on going back to college in January and I have to figure out what i am going to go for :help: Hardest decision ever! and my time is running out, so i just thought i would start this thread to see if i can run across any good ideas.

thanks! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,948 Posts
have one more year to complete my MS in accounting.

plan on taking the CPA exam next year (either july or october)

then have a job of some sort.

good luck. and good for you, going back to uni :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GBFH said:
have one more year to complete my MS in accounting.

plan on taking the CPA exam next year (either july or october)

then have a job of some sort.

good luck. and good for you, going back to uni :)
this is one that i have considered a bit already, not sure if i would like it but i am very good with numbers :) are you liking it so far?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,948 Posts
yes. accounting is fairly easy once you understand the "logic." it has nothing to do with numbers, really. the most difficult math i've ever had to do is a factorial for a depreciation method in intermediate I.

people tend to fuck up because they act like they're still in high school, and try to cram. accounting isn't like an english or math class. you can't memorize your way through it.

however, nearly every "older" student i've encountered has done well because they take it seriously. they're more prepared, and have a purpose.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GBFH said:
yes. accounting is fairly easy once you understand the "logic." it has nothing to do with numbers, really. the most difficult math i've ever had to do is a factorial for a depreciation method in intermediate I.

people tend to fuck up because they act like they're still in high school, and try to cram. accounting isn't like an english or math class. you can't memorize your way through it.

however, nearly every "older" student i've encountered has done well because they take it seriously. they're more prepared, and have a purpose.
thanks :hug:
right now i have about 5 majors i still have in consideration lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,448 Posts
i just finished my bachelors in communications. i did a double major in journalism and mass com. and i'm in my 2nd week of masters now. in advertsing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: -Em-

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
Joined
·
49,309 Posts
BS Info Tech/Web Design. Also have my Networking certificate and enough credits for minors in French and Psychology.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,948 Posts
*roddicksinme* said:
thanks :hug:
right now i have about 5 majors i still have in consideration lol
you're welcome.

it's good to have options. people aren't really hiring "accountants", though. you're only guaranteed a job if you want to do information systems auditing. but that's more my problem since i'm about to enter the job market. by the time you're done, the demand for "accountants" should be less narrowly defined.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,109 Posts
*roddicksinme* said:
oh photography would be so much fun!!! is that a bacholars program?

well, I was actually going for photography only but I moved and the school got kinda far for me (didn't feel like commuting an hour by train everyday) so now at the school I'm going to they don't have a photography programm alone... So my degree would be in Art History w/ a minor in photography
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,491 Posts
Do you like math and money? Go for Actuarial Science.

My girl just graduated from UConn this year and she's making $80,000/year to start.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,948 Posts
actuaries make insane money. my intermediate II teacher didn't even *try* to explain that part of pension accounting. our poor little brains would have frozen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
decemberlove said:
Do you like math and money? Go for Actuarial Science.

My girl just graduated from UConn this year and she's making $80,000/year to start.
what exactly is this? i have never heard of it....the money sounds good though ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,218 Posts
B.S.- Aviation Management
Got to love to fly
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,491 Posts
GBFH said:
actuaries make insane money. my intermediate II teacher didn't even *try* to explain that part of pension accounting. our poor little brains would have frozen.
Yeah, she showed me her study books for the actuary exam and I was :help:

She loves math and she doesn't like having to deal with people, so it's the perfect job for her.

Can't complain about starting at 80 a year, can you?
 

·
Senior Bitch.
Joined
·
10,731 Posts
I'm majoring in English with minors in Communication and creative writing.
Only two years left!!! :woohoo:
But then I’m off to grad school… :sad:…
 
1 - 20 of 103 Posts
Top