Tennis Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read another article and Jen's quote doesn't sound bad at all:

"If I had to play (today)," said Capriati, "I don't know if I could."

"I mean, she's done it a few times here and there, so it's not like a surprise," said Capriati, 27, the winner here as a teenager in 1991 and '92. "If she's hurt, she's hurt. Myself, I'm injured, but I'm here planning to play."

I hope many posters dig a little deeper regarding media quotes before drawing conclusions and then bashing Jen! :devil:

·
Registered
27,056 Posts
Please. . . .those journalists always take half-quotes and other quotes outta context. I've gotten to the point now that I almost wanna see them say it live before I believe any of the quotes that are printed.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That was my point.... in another thread everyone was bashing cappy saying she was bad mouthing serena, but they got her quote from an article that only used part of the above and spun it into some catty response.

·
In my new place!!
22,957 Posts
Tratree said:
Do you mean to say that sometimes the media takes quotes out of context??? :unsure: :scratch: :confused: I am shocked and dismayed ;)
Me too......... Im so let down, I thought the media was perfect :sad:

:lol: :wavey:

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Bad Media! Go straight to your room without supper.

·
Registered
17,877 Posts
:lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Stupid writers. It's actually quite comical often. I'm not there yet, but I have been in a lot of press conferences at tournaments and when you see the quote they pulled out to run with sometimes it is hilarious as it is quite taken out of context or they don't set it up as the player was joking around, etc. A lot of the writers at Acura sit up at the press office and smoke cigs most of the day and just look at the stats anyway....I know, HUGE surprise considering how INFORMED and accurate their articles always are, huh? I'll give you guys the lowdown from Acura starting tomorrow ;)

·
Registered
17,877 Posts
is that an actual quote? I don't see any 'you knows'. :confused: ;)

Jen makes it so easy. :tape: But I like her, sometimes. :)

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Jen: [on the phone] Serena! You said you weren't like going to that fucking Hollywood party!

Serena:[on the phone] I know, jen but halle berry and i were reading lines for this scene and she invited me and well...

Jen: Yeah yeah what the fuck ever you were supposed to call me if you were going to like fucking drop out! Now after all that shit I said I can't even drop out even though my fucking shoulder is killing me!!!

Serena: oh... um well I can give you this number and get you this MRI scan to clear you. Then you can go to the party with me.

Jen: fucking cool so what's the like name of your doctor?

Serena: His name is big fats and he works at the kinkos in compton. he can doctor up one of those MRI's in under one minute flat. Just make sure you have him scan only the body part in question otherwise he'll have your ass copied and faxed to jamie fox in ten seconds.

jen: yeah like okay...big fats...compton....so wheres this fucking party?

Serena: matthew perrys place in the ....

Jen: I like know where it is biatch! see you there.

click.

·
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
35,887 Posts
CAPPY4EVER said:
I read another article and Jen's quote doesn't sound bad at all:

"If I had to play (today)," said Capriati, "I don't know if I could."

"I mean, she's done it a few times here and there, so it's not like a surprise," said Capriati, 27, the winner here as a teenager in 1991 and '92. "If she's hurt, she's hurt. Myself, I'm injured, but I'm here planning to play."

I hope many posters dig a little deeper regarding media quotes before drawing conclusions and then bashing Jen! :devil:
Yeah but how do we know these are the official quotes and the others are the fake? Maybe these are the fakes and the other one is real?? How do we know?

For the record, I still don't like that part of her adding how she is injured but she's still here. To me it smells of "and Serena could be too if she wanted" ish. :eek:

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
Omg Too Funny!!!!! More More Moreeee!!

Jakeev! - Call Mee!

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
Cybelle Darkholme said:
Jen: [on the phone] Serena! You said you weren't like going to that fucking Hollywood party!

Serena:[on the phone] I know, jen but halle berry and i were reading lines for this scene and she invited me and well...

Jen: Yeah yeah what the fuck ever you were supposed to call me if you were going to like fucking drop out! Now after all that shit I said I can't even drop out even though my fucking shoulder is killing me!!!

Serena: oh... um well I can give you this number and get you this MRI scan to clear you. Then you can go to the party with me.

Jen: fucking cool so what's the like name of your doctor?

Serena: His name is big fats and he works at the kinkos in compton. he can doctor up one of those MRI's in under one minute flat. Just make sure you have him scan only the body part in question otherwise he'll have your ass copied and faxed to jamie fox in ten seconds.

jen: yeah like okay...big fats...compton....so wheres this fucking party?

Serena: matthew perrys place in the ....

Jen: I like know where it is biatch! see you there.

click.
Wow, Cybelle actually attempted humor and actually was kind of funny.......who knew she had it in her? :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.