Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
和平.
16,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the match in which your favorite player played the best ever?
No matter if it's in a slam final or a Tier 15 quali round, or if the opponent was playin like you have to hit the balls outside the court.

WHEN DID YOU SEE YOUR FAVORITE PLAYER TOTALLY ON?????

Let's discuss. :)

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Hingis df Serena 6-2 3-6 8-6 at the AO 2001. Best match ever between the two, great tennis, drama all over the place, Martina fought so hard against possibly the best fighter out there. Great match for both! Better for Martina! :)

·
Registered
32,329 Posts
majoli's best was over martina in rg 97

sprem played great against maleeva at wimbledon, that might have been her best

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
Jelena Dokic def. Monica Seles Gaz de France SF 2002. I believe the score was 6-4, 3-6, 6-4 or something very similar to that. Jelena actually serves insanely well and she had positive numbers at the end of the match, which is rare :lol:.

·
Banned
9,861 Posts
Venus def Sharapova 76 61 at Wimbledon semi last year

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
The two US Open semifinals in '03 and '04 that Jennifer Capriati lost are my favorites. Justine played the best match and Dementieva played the best 3rd set to win.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
My favorite:

-Hingis: 1999 San Diego Final (against Venus), absolutely flawless:worship: Maybe it sounds a bit crazy, but her recent match against Sharapova was also among the very best I've seen from her:eek::yeah:

Some others I've seen:

-Serena: 2003 Roland Garros QF (against Mauresmo) and 2003 Wimbledon SF (against Henin-Hardenne), she was absolutely untouchable in both matches:eek:

-Venus: Definitely 2005 Wimbledon SF (against Sharapova)

-Clijsters: During the 2005 US Open, and also 2005 Miami:)

-Myskina: Moscow 2004:worship:

-Dementieva: 2005 Tokyo PPO final, she was perfect from start to finish, and SERVED almost perfectly!

-Davenport: 1999 Chase final and 2000 Australian Open final, both against Hingis.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Venus: Beating Sharapova 7-6 6-1 Wimbledon 2005. Venus just went out and beat Maria down. The match was actually closer than it should have been. Quite an Easy victory for Venus.

Serena: Beating Justine 6-3 6-2 Wimbledon 2003. Serena wanted revenge and that's exactly what she got. Justine didn't have a clue out there. Just amazing tennis from Serena.

Lindsay: Beating Martina 6-1 7-5. Australian Open 2000. Up until 6-1 5-1, I've never seen Hingis bitch slapped that bad. Lindsay played one of the best matches I've seen from any player. Martina made a good comback,but Lindsay finished strong for the win.

·
A Young Troubadour.
16,344 Posts
wasn't there a match in like 2002 in San Diego where Venus just put up insane numbers everywhere? I think it was against Seles. Does anyone else remeber that? it might not be the right year

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
when elena beat jennifer at the US OPEN 2004, sure she has had higher quality matches where she has played better, but, especially in that third set, both girls were at such a damn high level that it was amazing to watch her fight like crazy and pull out that win

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
j_dementieva27 said:
when elena beat jennifer at the US OPEN 2004, sure she has had higher quality matches where she has played better, but, especially in that third set, both girls were at such a damn high level that it was amazing to watch her fight like crazy and pull out that win
God I ADORED that match, especially the result:hearts: It was a real breath-taking 3rd set, SO unpredictable:eek::worship:!

·
49,001 Posts
2003 French Open QF (Serena/Momo) - Perfect, ruthless, sublime, aggressive tennis.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Myskina vs Capriati at French Open 2004

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
cat's pajamas said:
wasn't there a match in like 2002 in San Diego where Venus just put up insane numbers everywhere? I think it was against Seles. Does anyone else remeber that? it might not be the right year
2001 San Diego Final. Venus won 6-2 6-3, I believe. I agree that it is the best I've ever seen from her. 14 aces, over 30 winners, and 11 unforced errors - something like those statistics. She ended the match with two second serve aces.

·
和平.
16,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Geisha said:
2001 San Diego Final. Venus won 6-2 6-3, I believe. I agree that it is the best I've ever seen from her. 14 aces, over 30 winners, and 11 unforced errors - something like those statistics. She ended the match with two second serve aces.
that was tremendous.

flipboi69 said:
wimbledon final 2006 venus vs. lindsay,, incredible match from both players
2005. :p ;)

But i would not mind the same for 2006.

·
和平.
16,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
anlavalle said:
Amelie beating Venus 6-4, 7-5, 6-4 in the Antwerp final 05
4-6 7-5 6-4 ;)