Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious. And we can recommend good movies to each other :)

My favorite movie is Donnie Darko. It is such a mid boggling film and it is nothing short of genious. It doesnt really fit into a specific genre but it is kinda horror/sci-fi/funny. It has an amazing cast (Jake Gyllenhaal, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Drew Barrymore, Jena Malone) and it is the most well put together movie I have ever seen. Everyone should watch it.

·
63,556 Posts
I haven't seen Donnie Darko yet but lots of people told the same thing about how good is it... so, what was it all about? :confused:

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
donnie darko is my favorite movie too :) along with stanley kubrick movies . i just cant rank those thou . so i usually just say donnie darko is my favorite film :)

see the sig?

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
great quote you have in the sig ;)

counting my days till the directors cut. do you have the DVD?

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
Chrispy said:
great quote you have in the sig ;)

counting my days till the directors cut. do you have the DVD?
of course i do :)

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
hmm I hated Donnie Darko...I don't know why. Guess I'm not into that sort of movie. I don't have one fave movie, I like lots of movies...which I can list if you really want...

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
I have a list of about 300 movies I've LOVED... I find something I love in every movie I watch. I'm a very very bad critic... VERY BAD. The movie has to be HORRIBLE for me to dislike it. Even then, I can find positive parts... :lol:

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,117 Posts
I am too sentimental for picking something really smart. My fave still remains the first true Hollywood blockbuster that I ever saw in my life - The Ghost. The only difference is that when I watch it now - 101st time - no more tears - like it was up to probably 51st.

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
ys said:
I am too sentimental for picking something really smart. My fave still remains the first true Hollywood blockbuster that I ever saw in my life - The Ghost. The only difference is that when I watch it now - 101st time - no more tears - like it was up to probably 51st.
aww. thats sexy :kiss:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I love West Side Story. Love the songs, the costumes, the pace, the story. Natalie Wood is beautiful, and Rita Moreno is brilliant.

·
Banned
886 Posts
The Miracle Worker (1962) bar none! – Annie Bancroft didn’t know what hit her when she was upstaged by little Neely O!

Honourable Mentions
Prelude To A Kiss (1992) with Meggie R. (She really is that ditsy)
Me, Natalie (1969) with that jealous bitch Elsa Lanchester. What an old hag!
Harvest of Fire (1986) with Lolita Davidovich who I never heard of
Kimberly (1999) with my Seanie and that no-talent Gabby Anwar
Wrong Turn (2003) a student film I did for charity
The Goddess (1958) Kim Stanley tried to fondle me!
Country Music Holiday (1958) Zsa Zsa tried to give me career advice!
4D Man (1959) Lee Meriwether tried to convince me she was somebody!
Happy Anniversary (1959) David Niven that lech!
Billie (1965) Jim Backus reeked of Jack Daniels!
You’ll Like My Mother (1972) with Richard “John Boy” Thomas. Zzzzzzz.
The Swarm (1978) My first disaster pic. Widmark, Caine and fey Richard Chamberlain
By Design (1982) with Sara Botsford and Saul Rubinek. You remember them, right?
Willy/Milly (1986) aka I Was A Teenage Boy. Don’t ask.
The Hitchikers (1989) with Richard Hatch the hunk from Battlestar Gallactica.

I’ll be seen later in the year in Caught in the Act with Seanie and some people called John Corbett and Amy Smart. It premieres at the Toronto Film Festival.

·
Registered
27,849 Posts
I keep recommending "Lost in Translation" and will continue to do so till everyone has watched it.I've watched it 3 times already since i've bought it on dvd and i'm still not bored of it.then again, with such a beautifully thought-out movie with outstanding performances by Scarlett and Bill, you could never get bored of watching it.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Don't have any particular favorite, but many I can watch over and over again, finding new things each time I watch them:

Silence of the Lambs (1991)
The Lion In Winter (1968)
Long Day's Journey Into Night (1962)
Sunset Boulevard (1950)
Giant (1956)
Grand Hotel (1932)
Ninotchka (1939)
Death Becomes Her (1993?)
The Little Foxes (1941)
The Letter (1940)
Citizen Kane (1942)
Sadie Thompson (1927 silent)
Beetlejuice (1988)
What's Up Doc? (1971)
Wit (2003 HBO Movie)

just to name a few- so many great films out there!

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
My Favorite movie is THE COLOR PURPLE....this movie is good from start to finish....and EVERYBODY in this movie acted thier hind parts off. It touches the soul, you laugh, you cry, and I know I can really relate to a lot of events in the movie. The Color purple is a absolute MASTERPIECE and should be passed on from generation to generation.

Honorable mentions:
Jurrasic Park
Kill Bill Vol 1&2
The Little Mermaid
Whats love got to do with it
Soul Food

·
Registered
828 Posts
One likes the silent movies from my era.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts