Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For example one of my favorite matches is when Hingis beat Li 4-6 6-3 6-0 this year. The whole board was up in arms over Li's unforced error count and Martina's passiveness, but I just loved the way Hingis played. That type of consistence requires incredible skill and concentration.

Is there any match you love that everyone else says was an error-fest?

·
Registered
10,842 Posts
Probably had to be Venus saving tons of match points against Jennifer Capriati a few years ago in Miami.

Venus couldn't keep a ball in court so oit seemed, yet Jennifer couldn't hit many outright winners or forced errors to win that match.

But the crowd was so wired in the match and both players intense as heck; you could hardly tell it was such a sloppy match.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
64,792 Posts
MEC beating Samantha Stosur in Rosmalen 2005, 7-6 (1) 6-1 :D

She played so badly in the first set, but hung on in there by the skin of her teeth. Great fighting ability :D

And she was really nice afterwards :D

·
Registered
15,098 Posts
Probably had to be Venus saving tons of match points against Jennifer Capriati a few years ago in Miami.

Venus couldn't keep a ball in court so oit seemed, yet Jennifer couldn't hit many outright winners or forced errors to win that match.

But the crowd was so wired in the match and both players intense as heck; you could hardly tell it was such a sloppy match.
lol...
i just watched that match...
and it was just full of shit...
double faulting on match point..!!!
thats disgusting....

and all of Venus vs Serena match..

·
Registered
456 Posts
The 2004 US Open QF between Serena and Jennifer was low quality stat-wise but was extremely high in suspense and excitement. Great match despite some ugly play (and some ugly line calls). :)

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
-1998 Miami QF Hingis VS Serena
-2001 Miami Final Venus VS Capriati
-2005 Toronto Final Clijsters VS Henin-Hardenne
-2007 Miami 3rd Rnd Sharapova VS Venus
;)

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:)

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Davenport defeat Clijsters 1-6 7-5 6-3 french open 2005.. really rubbish match especially from kim but nice for Lindsay to get the quarters... their fourth round in wimbledon that year, however, was one of the best of the year quality wise.

·
Your fav could never....
9,158 Posts
For example one of my favorite matches is when Hingis beat Li 4-6 6-3 6-0 this year. The whole board was up in arms over Li's unforced error count and Martina's passiveness, but I just loved the way Hingis played. That type of consistence requires incredible skill and concentration.

Is there any match you love that everyone else says was an error-fest?
I hated that match - they both didnt deserve to be a top 50 player let alone GS Quarterfinalists :help: :tape: :help:

·
Beware Of The Dog, Bitch.
21,902 Posts
Davenport def. Villiams like 7-6 6-7 7-6 2004 Standford final.

Awful tennis. Vee's forehand a total m3$$ :tape:. The match that 'saved' Lindsay's career.

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
ElenaD def. JHH 2-6, 7-5, 7-5 (actually the third set wasn't low quality at all)

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Davenport def. Villiams like 7-6 6-7 7-6 2004 Standford final.

Awful tennis. Vee's forehand a total m3$$ :tape:. The match that 'saved' Lindsay's career.
7-6 5-7 7-6. God. And you call yourself a fan.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
ElenaD def. JHH 2-6, 7-5, 7-5 (actually the third set wasn't low quality at all)
Ms Henin couldnt hit 3 Fhs in a row..:lol: Such a weird match by Justine! The only way she won points was at the net! But lena stood firm and just sliced those serves to the FH :lol:

·
King
28,860 Posts
Dementieva def JH IW SF 06 2-6 7-5 7-5
Venus def Hingis Warsaw R2 06 4-6 7-5 6-4
Venus def Capriati Miami F 01 I can't fully remember the score i just know 7-6 in the 3rd :tape:
Dementieva def Myskina Moscow SF 01 6-7 6-1 7-5

22,716 Posts
Davenport defeat Clijsters 1-6 7-5 6-3 french open 2005.. really rubbish match especially from kim but nice for Lindsay to get the quarters... their fourth round in wimbledon that year, however, was one of the best of the year quality wise.
Same :)

It really was awful tennis though :tape: :lol:

·
Registered
25,370 Posts
capriati vs hingis oz open final 2002 4-6, 7-6, 6-2 - capriati couldnt hit a barn door and hingis just seem to hit the ball so softly they had some extreamly long rallies that usualy ended in errors though when the crunch came they both played well on the big points some of the best drama i've seen on a tennis court and the fact that it wasnt great tennis made no difference it was still totaly enjoyable! :)

1 - 20 of 64 Posts