· Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,461 Posts
I will just based on the matches I have actually seen

Australian Open :2002 final capriati def Hingis
1997 final Hingis def Pierce

French Open: Pierce def Hingis 2000 semis
Graf def Hingis 1999 final
ASV def Monica 1998, emotional, start following tennis ever since

Wimbledon: Lucic def Monica (although she lose Monica play a high quality match and hit more winners than Ufs but it was really the best of Lucic. Unfortuneately, does not seems like we will see it again)

Graf def V Williams 1999, another superb match.

Jana def Hingis 1998, again an extremely high quality match from both player especially Jana with her expert hand at the net.

Jana def Tauziat 1998, it was not a good match, but the emotion and especially the last 15 mins of the match when Jana fail to serve for the match with some easy volley miss make me switch off the tv for 5 mins. b4 I can turn it on again.

Jana vs Venus 1998, again a very good match, Jana absorbed all the power from Venus, and seeing Venus crying and shouting at the umpire and linesmen especially is quite funny. But all credit again to Venus to put up a smile and wave to the crowd after the match.

US Open.

V Williams v Hingis 1999, 2000 semis. enough said

S Williams v Hingis 1999 , but only from the point where Serena have her first match point to the end of the tiebreak, that 25 minustes period is unbelievably exciting, even some of my friends who has been very crtical of women tennis love that

S Williams v Clijsters 1999, that was such an exciting match, Clijsters could have had a much earlier breakthrough if she got through this match

Well, I have not follow tennis since like 3 years ago, so that's it may more great matches to come.

· Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,461 Posts
I agree Sam L, I watch a little bit of the end of the Lori, Steffi match, I never saw the british crowd so into a women match, and of course how can I forget the amelie Lindsay match in 1998, silly me, that was great tennis from amelie, I remember thinking how mentally tough Amelie is in big match and how wrong could I be.

So many I miss out which I actually watched, the Jana Lucic match is good as well, but I do remember Mirjana drifted off a bit in the end, which was the only down side of the match

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.