Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
What? Kim has a huge fighting spirit! She fights for every ball! Her problem is that she gets tight on the big occasions, and she does one of two things:
1. Gets slap-happy in going for crazy winners
2. Gets tentative and plays not to lose

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
No fighting spirit?! Now that´s an understatement!
Kim isn´t a go-getter! So many breakpoints, but she couldn´t take many of them. SET POINTS and she puts a backhand in the crowd?!

Kim, girl....being nice is cool, but nice people don´t win on court!

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Kim needs that "furious" feisty edge u know? Not the bad type but the energy that makes u play better! Just ask Andy Roddick!! lmao

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Maybe it's a fact that no matter how someone fights like Kim, Jen or Amelie there are others who are overall better than them. This is just a fact. Kim can play her heart out and it's great and all but sometimes someone is just better than her. I mean maybe the expectation is there because she's ranked number one but really she's just not the best and I can still like her without her being the best.

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
Jasmin said:
Maybe it's a fact that no matter how someone fights like Kim, Jen or Amelie there are others who are overall better than them. This is just a fact. Kim can play her heart out and it's great and all but sometimes someone is just better than her. I mean maybe the expectation is there because she's ranked number one but really she's just not the best and I can still like her without her being the best.
And that makes her no.1 rank even more painful! It´s sad, because no one will take her seriously as the best player if she can´t win the big occations

·
Registered
15,432 Posts
It's all so odd considering that everyone use to
say that Kim is the new "steffi graf"? Could be
worse....look at Amelie. Yikes...someone shake
these two out of their timid shells. I know that
they WANT to WIN and NEED to WIN. Help!!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Clearly Serena is at a higher level than Venus but Venus fights in those matches, I don't see her just giving up.
Clearly Justine was the better player against Jennifer, but Jennifer gave it her all.
I did not think Kim fought as hard as she could. Justine did not play so great, that the match could not have been closer.
Nice girls can still win, just ask Monica.
Kim was way too timid.

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
tenis_lover said:
why cant she win a "big" match?? :fiery: :fiery: :sad: :sad:
I think it`s not the right question. What is wrong with Henin-Hardenne?
She is "injured" against Jennifer, she is "tired" against Kim. IMO it is strange then to see her jumping all over the court during the rallies... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
gweeny said:
Clearly Serena is at a higher level than Venus but Venus fights in those matches, I don't see her just giving up.
Clearly Justine was the better player against Jennifer, but Jennifer gave it her all.
I did not think Kim fought as hard as she could. Justine did not play so great, that the match could not have been closer.
Nice girls can still win, just ask Monica.
Kim was way too timid.
Kim's head is not "there" playing the match, but somewhere else...
The JenCap - JHH was a far more entertaining match..

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Kim made 40 unforced errors and just few winners in the final,it's so weird for a player like her!!If she made so many errors vs Lindsay,Lindsay could have won!
neway i think Kim has a problem vs Justine right now,not with big matches.i'm sure if the final was with a different player,she would have won (or at least fought a little bit more)

·
Registered
677 Posts
gweeny said:
I feel sad for Kim. she is a nice girl, but she really does not have a fighting spirit.
if i think i was sure at the beginning of the year that kim has it and justine has not I'm so upset to see it's the contrary...for example i saw justine's match in paris vs serena but i was sure kim was going to win 'cos stronger mentally and i was so disappointed to see she hadnot fight...but i thought:eek:k,it can happen...but to see the same history yesterday let me muc worried...maybe i was wrong and u r right...she doesn't have a fighting spirit...'cos henin was less strong than in paris,more beatable i mean and kim was playing very well...then she had to fight on every points 'cos if the match had been closer justine could have felt the tiring previous match...actually at the end of the matc she was going to have a suffering expression on her face...
kim,kim,kim...i still hope to see u winning a slam...but i'm going to become worried u can't...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.