Tennis Forum banner

401 - 407 of 407 Posts

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
i said it would be close to a miracle. but why not try with rg with a decent draw amd there are numerous possibilities for a cakewalk these days, she could have done it
jokesur is awful now, svetlana too...fran will struggle

OTOH, I rather she lose in AO than in her garden, the sacred grounds of RG.

:worship::worship::worship:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #402
Sigh. Miss her so much. Hate seeing so many flat hitters win on clay, awkward sliding (or no sliding) and all.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Going to Australia was a big mistake. I hope she got a lot of money for playing the Hopman Cup. Poor comeback strategy, for which I blame Carlos. Had she played her natural game, she would have done much better. Too much aggression, which caused too many mistakes and took extra toll on her body and probably the elbow. Whatever, it was great having her back, even for just one year. Women's tennis means nothing to me now. Something tells me Kim and the Williams won't be around much longer either.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
i agree. eventhough short 1 year. it's nice to see her presence on court. even the form was never crisp, her fighting spirit and personality shown bright.

going out being no. 1 and trying to come back as no. 1 was a big dream and it took her and carlos to dare dreaming like that. admirable.

i didn't watch tennis much , maybe a couple of games in men's finals. even that seems boring.

it's probably a time of change of guards in both men and women's games. it's about time. it was really an excitment year when justine decided for the comeback. just imagine if she is a litte bit older or younger than her generation, she would rule for a long time.

401 - 407 of 407 Posts