Tennis Forum banner

381 - 400 of 407 Posts

·
Banned
1,080 Posts
Justine's loss to Jokesur at RG has to be the her worst career loss. worse than garbin (off form and ill), kapros (ill), danilidou (at least this girl cna play tennis) etc Anyone agree? what happened to her that day?

·
Registered
436 Posts
You have to remember that Justine was not 100% fit before RG last year. She was suffering from sinusitis - Djokovic withdrew because he had it so bad I believe. At the time I didn't think she should have played. She only stopped the antibiotics a few days before the tournament. Then when she did play RG the rain delays meant she ended up playing 3 days in a row. Physically she couldn't do it and I believe it affected her mentally. It was a bad loss to Stosur but I believe she would have lost to Serena in the next round and I think that would have been worse to take for me.

In hindsight if you look at every GS she played, bar the AO (although she still had physical issues there) she just wasn't 100% or got unlucky (Wimby). It was never meant to be. At least she gave it a go and can have no regrets now.

Still miss her though and I hope in the future she will be able to play some exhos.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Miss her more today than yesterday.

:hearts::hearts::hearts:

·
Banned
1,080 Posts
i have no idea who could win rg this year. everybody seems awful or off form. maybe she should ask for a wc just for kicks.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
May be she can play two-handed on both sides.

:lol::lol::lol:

·
Banned
1,080 Posts
bombshell news in belgian press: justine is in paris at the moment, asking for a rg wildcard.

she learned to play left-handed.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts

·
Banned
1,080 Posts
i feel a horrible blasphemy will happen this year at rg. i can't think of anyone i remotely like that can win. fran has no chance and stosur has the jesustine curse going on.
justine made a horrible error with going all the way to australia with a bum elbow. she should have waited for rg. despite her body being broken, this year there will be noone who will stand out and she would have stood a decent chance of winning.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
You think her elbow would have been better if she waited for RG? I doubt it. Unless she was incredibly pig-headed to play AO despite her doctors screaming

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO".

·
Banned
1,080 Posts
my point is that she went all the way to australia with a bum elbow fully knowing that her career is on the line. but she tried anyway hoping for a miracle. why not wait instead for rg where the miracle was likelier to happen...

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
I think it would have been less likely to happen on heavy clay, trying to create all that topspin, back spin and side spin on her shots with a bummed elbow.

·
Banned
1,080 Posts
i said it would be close to a miracle. but why not try with rg with a decent draw amd there are numerous possibilities for a cakewalk these days, she could have done it
jokesur is awful now, svetlana too...fran will struggle

381 - 400 of 407 Posts