Tennis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going through another horror patch......did this a few years back and then a few years before that where she just loses and loses....for not real reason....don;t know of any issues or injuries.....absolute waste....she is a good player, great groundies......it shouldn't even be aboutr holding up a run of losses, it should be about her cracking the Top 35 with her talent.....she just needs to get fit and focused....I am surpised we are in a little rut and an attitude of not xcaring (like 2 years ago where she was pathetic in a loss to Sugiyama at the Oz Open, didn't even care) as when i watched her lose at the Oz Open to Kleybanova this yar, she really really tried.....it is a shame, out of Top 200 the way we are heaindg (what, has she won 2 or 3 matches this year??) No disrepect to Panova by the way, I am sure she played well...just thought Sofia coudl do better

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
this is just Sofia's way. She had a few huge opportunities to knock off tops players in big tournaments last year when she was heading back to the top 50 (perhaps both times Jankovic) but choked. I tend to think that Sofia just has a pretty good life back in Sweden and simply doesn't have the fire in the belly. clearly when she plays well she's a top 40 player no problem. I suspect she'll hit her stride again eventually but i don't ever really expect her to be a consistent tour player. she's in the Benesova category in my opinion (perhaps with a little less talent and she's not left handed which is a big turn off for me).

·
Registered
18,140 Posts
Strange how Jelena's and Sofias paths keep crossing. First Jelena defeated Sofia in AO girls' final in 2001, then last year they played two long matches in 3 sets and Jelena won both. And on top of that Sofia complained that JJ stole her massage appointment after their USO match. :spit:

Sofia is very talented, IMO. Hope she can find some good form soon. :hug:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
She is a very good player, she plays a really solid game...

Solid...

Solid...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts