Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
Maybe she calculated prolonging the number one spot is a more realistic goal than getting more slams?
That part. She’s a smart girl.

Don’t be surprised if someone totally random wins USO

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Maybe she calculated prolonging the number one spot is a more realistic goal than getting more slams?
I mean, unless you're Steffi, Martina, Chris, or Serena, no one really cares about weeks at #1 on the WTA tour. See: Venus and Sharapova.

Either way, it's highly probable someone is going to surpass her in Slam count at the USO, unless Anisimova or Gauff win it, or something. Which is fine. I just don't think Ashleigh Barty is in a position to be like, "you guys have a Slam while I have the #1 spot" because her racking up weeks at #1 from the comfort of her bedroom isn't going to be a storyline when the tour resumes, lol.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
She just wasn't intending to play, don't y'all get that ? But as many others have found out, she's probably rusty as hell too....much to her dismay, hence the WC...It isn't that hard to grasp is it ? No-one "forgets" to enter.....

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
Naomi is going to come and snatch so many wigs. Y'all are fuc*ing shaking. No wonder all the lame HC players (Barty, Henin, etc.) are pulling out.
When did she comeback? So the USO will be her first tournament in 10 years? :eek:

·
Banned
2 Posts
She is not on the entry list for Cincinnati (New York).

Is she going to play, or is she in shape to play the US Open?

And since we all know how good she is on clay, if she doesn't play the US Open, she may as well call it end of season.
Talk about timing.....I assume you haven't seen the photos of her in and out of bikini and thong on Instagram? That babe is in fine shape.....she has a very sturdy and beautiful derriere, and she put it on full display. Small boobs, but killer legs, ass and overall body. The girl, however, clearly has an attitude and is pissed off at everybody.....she's very sensitive on critical comments, while making some rather strident, unsolicited, political oriented observations. If you are a celeb and going to open your mouth in front of a mic or on-line and post basically nude photos, you better be able to take the heat. Otherwise, get out of the kitchen.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
She just wasn't intending to play, don't y'all get that ? But as many others have found out, she's probably rusty as hell too....much to her dismay, hence the WC...It isn't that hard to grasp is it ? No-one "forgets" to enter.....
And if there's a crazy protest, I'm sure Naomi would drop her racquet and bend on one knee in a heartbeat.

Yeah, I don't think she's been thinking about tennis at all with the whole racial injustice. She's been very involved.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I mean, unless you're Steffi, Martina, Chris, or Serena, no one really cares about weeks at #1 on the WTA tour. See: Venus and Sharapova.

Either way, it's highly probable someone is going to surpass her in Slam count at the USO, unless Anisimova or Gauff win it, or something. Which is fine. I just don't think Ashleigh Barty is in a position to be like, "you guys have a Slam while I have the #1 spot" because her racking up weeks at #1 from the comfort of her bedroom isn't going to be a storyline when the tour resumes, lol.
I mean, Barty only has 1 Slam so far, who could even surpass her at Slam count ? Andreescu and Kenin could do it, but Bianca isn't even listed at USO yet. Plus, I don't think it even matters too much if one of them surpasses her when she still has only 1 Slam title.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts