Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the smallest town to host a wta event?

topic speaks for itself I'm going to guess Filderestadt because I can't find it anywhere ib germany

·
Premium Member
181,848 Posts
Knokke ?????? thats very very small

·
Registered
154 Posts
Palo Alto, which hosts the Bank of the West Classic in July, is really small, especially compared to the other places that host tourneys.

·
Registered
13,056 Posts
key biscane? kalkuta?

·
Registered
11,190 Posts
!!! - Dz™ - !!! said:
key biscane? kalkuta?
Kalkuta :tape: :lol:

Luxembourg open is played in Kockelscheuer, a very small village ;)

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
gurl_tennis said:
you obviously dont know india very well:eek:

:haha: Good one. Calcutta is not small.

·
Registered
13,056 Posts
gurl_tennis said:
you obviously dont know india very well:eek:
sorry... I suppose bias intervened on my answer.

·
Registered
19,063 Posts
Maybe Kockelscheuer (where the venue for the Fortis Championships is) in Luxembourg with 282 inhabitants. :scratch:

The small village in bird's eye view:

·
Registered
13,056 Posts
woah.. rich colony!

·
Registered
11,190 Posts
drimal04 said:
Maybe Kockelscheuer (where the venue for the Fortis Championships is) in Luxembourg with 282 inhabitants. :scratch:

So it means the tourny is still at the CK sportcenter!
I wasn't sure and I'm planning to go back to the tournament this year ;)

·
Registered
10,846 Posts
drimal04 said:

I think you´re the winner :tape:

"Excuse me, how do I get to the sports center?"
"Just pass house number 15 and 16, pass the cornfield and you´ll see it." :kiss: It´s cute

·
Registered
23,559 Posts
Hasselt?

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,084 Posts
I am not sure about WTA.. But I know that Pilot Pen ATP tournament used to be held in Stratton, Vermont ( the first title that Agassi won ), and it is not even a town. It is a ski resort with plenty of accomodation for tourists but very little residence , if any..

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
It's not WTA, but there's an ITF satellite event in Liechtenstein. Monaco used to hold a WTA tournament. It lasted all of one year in the early 90s. And of course, Singapore, Hong Kong and Taipei once had WTA tournaments as well. But none of those places were even remotely as small as that town in Luxembourg. It's barely a village.

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
Fantastic said:
It's not WTA, but there's an ITF satellite event in Liechtenstein. Monaco used to hold a WTA tournament. It lasted all of one year in the early 90s. And of course, Singapore, Hong Kong and Taipei once had WTA tournaments as well. But none of those places were even remotely as small as that town in Luxembourg. It's barely a village.
with one street at the bottom of the mountain. you could work this town from end to end in about 15min :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts