Tennis Forum banner

What is the biggest win?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
13,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how you guys see the value of these 2 championships :)
Some see the Championships in LA as a bigger win than a Slam .. what do you think?

·
Mean Admin Machine, Admeanistrator
36,597 Posts
slam

·
Registered
14,809 Posts
why would anyone choose LA :confused:

·
Registered
13,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well easy I thought is was strange too that's why I wanted to see what the board thinks about it :)

·
***** Emeritus
42,254 Posts
Lei said this before the RG final (and even months before RG I think), but still it shows he doesn't know much about tennis ;)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
41,227 Posts
The Crow said:
Lei said this before the RG final (and even months before RG I think), but still it shows he doesn't know much about tennis ;)
nope he said it again after the final...it's in 'het nieuwsblad' now.. He compares the Masters with the Champions League and the Slams with the UEFA-cup.

Seems like he doesn't understand that the best 16 players ALSO compete in the slams :rolleyes:

·
***** Emeritus
42,254 Posts
Yeah I know K, but he already said it before, so he's just repeating it. But still, he doesn't love or understand tennis, so I don't care too much about him.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
id have 2 say a slam
also i think that an award is the nicest thing to win eg. laureus award etc cos anyone can win a slam by fluke or otherwise but if u gat an award ppl have voted for you and u can c that they have recognised all your hard work.dont no if u can tell but im referrin to jenny when she won the comeback award and all those others she won
if i won anythin like that it wud mean so much more to me than a slam altho a slam wud mean a lot 2 if u no wot i mean

·
Registered
19,296 Posts
Sorry, even for Broadway, the Oscar is still the biggest prize in all of the entertainment world. Luckily, my talent is limitless so even though I am a Broadway diva with multiple Tony awards, I also won a Best Actress Oscar (NOT SUPPORTING LIKE SOMEONE ELSE I KNOW), even though those no-good fucker Academy members made me wait until my fifth nomination, and did not even give it to me for one of my many brilliant musicals.

The Oscar is better than a Tony or an Emmy, and I am partial to Broadway.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
fleemke² said:
Just curious how you guys see the value of these 2 championships :)
Some see the Championships in LA as a bigger win than a Slam .. what do you think?
I don't know why, but this question coming from you looks very much like: is it more important to win a Slam, say, the French, as my favourite Justine has just done, or The Championships in L.A. as my favourite's opponent and fellow countrywoman Kim did last year? ;)

Anyway, no matter how biased your question can sound, I stick with the Slam. Although from a certain point of view The Championships are not that less important, since only the best players are to play it, nothing can match the tradition, history and prestige coming with a Slam :wavey:

·
Registered
13,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I'm a fan of Justine but that had nothing to do with this question :) That's why I didn't say who said thiose things :) It wasn't me who called Lei clijsters first ;)

·
***** Emeritus
42,254 Posts
andy_c76 said:
I don't know why, but this question coming from you looks very much like: is it more important to win a Slam, say, the French, as my favourite Justine has just done, or The Championships in L.A. as my favourite's opponent and fellow countrywoman Kim did last year? ;)
I think her question is coming because of what Kim's father says, and thought that it was pretty odd, and she probably wanted to check wether Lei had a point ot not.

That Justine is her fav player has nothing to do with it :angel:

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
BigKimfan voted for LA, I wonder why... ;)

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
I was just joking! I am quite happy with both wins... I didn't know about Kim's father declaration, forgive me if I sounded rude. Justine deserved this Roland Garros just as Kim deserved her win in L.A. last year, so to me it's just fine :D

1 - 20 of 70 Posts