·
Registered
405 Posts
Paire vs Rosol Olympics 2016

If we're talking WTA then Kvitova vs Keys Olympics 2016

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
My parents always watched tennis growing up so I've seen a lot as a kid but the one I remember the most is Serena's 2001 SF (or OF) with Capriati at Wimbledon for all the wrong reasons. :lol:

·
Registered
37,337 Posts
Coetzer def. Graf, RG 1997.

·
Registered
225 Posts
From WTA, first time I saw Davenport or Mauresmo vs someone, cca 2004
From ATP, Federer vs someone and Grosjean same year

·
Registered
18,949 Posts
2007 AO I watched Gonzalez make final and Serena ruthlessly crush Sharapova.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
A Federer match at Wimbledon during his prime.. don't remember which. Maybe a final? Fed got me interested in tennis and I still am a big fan of his.

The first WTA match I saw was in a documentary. I think it had Navratilova, Graf and what not. As for an actual match I recall seeing a Venus match where she smashed her racket, and I was quite shocked as a kid :lol: Probably not exactly an accurate first impression of Venus :hysteric: Funnily enough Venus is one of my favs :eek:h:

·
Registered
15,244 Posts
I was randomly picking tv channels and heard a commentator saying a teenager is playing against big name Serena Williams. I knew nothing about tennis but decided to see what's going on there. So for me, it was a birth of a blond tennis star. I was 13.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My first memory was an Agassi vs Sampras match, and I have no idea which one but it was in the late 90's.

The match that made me the great tennis fan that I am today was Safin vs Federer 2005 Australian Open Semifinals. That was the day that I was like, wow, this sport is for me, forever.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Venus-Hingis 2000 Wimbledon QF
This wasn't the first match I saw, but I definitely remember the excitement around this :grin2:

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Fed nadal wim final 2007. It was tough to understand rules at first but when i saw roger moving like that, i loved it. I saw his rolex ads and always liked they way he played

·
Registered
8,518 Posts
1988 Graf d Sabatini at the Olympic Games, gold medal match.
Thanks for posting smth a little older, haha, I'm not alone!

I definitely remember Evert/Navratilova from the mid 80's but my first real tennis memory was Graf vs Sabatini in the RG semis 1988 and then vs Zvereva in the final. Totally hooked me on women's tennis. What a massacre that final was.
Poor Natasha, Amazing Steffi, Gorgeous Gabby.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts