• Venus's Backhand

Votes: 23 54.8%
  • Serena's Forehand

Votes: 19 45.2%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
10,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is It Venus's Backhand, or Serena's Forehand??

Discuss
--------------

Personally, bias aside, It has to be V's backhand. Because she very very makes more than a handfull of errors on that side per set, while Serena's forehand can be broken down. I've never seen anyone breakdown V's backhand.

· Registered
2,666 Posts
I'd have to say Venus' backhand as well. Serena's forehand is an amazing weapon and can produce winners from every where but it isn't as solid as Vee's two-hander.

BTW mmcdonald:

Because she very very makes more than a handfull of errors on that side per set...very seldom should it be?!?!

· Registered
7,256 Posts
I they it's very close because they are both such huge weapons...but I chose Serena's forehand. Yes, it breaks down more than vee's bh, but it sure does cause a lot more offensive damage and corresponding winners and forced errors from opponents than Venus' backhand. That's just my opinion.

· Registered
19,459 Posts
mmcdonald said:
Is It Venus's Backhand, or Serena's Forehand??

Discuss
--------------

Personally, bias aside, It has to be V's backhand. Because she very very makes more than a handfull of errors on that side per set, while Serena's forehand can be broken down. I've never seen anyone breakdown V's backhand.
Venus backhand is more of a weapon. Both the sisters forehands' can go off. When Serena's forehand is on, it's the best in the game IMHO, she can hit every spot on the court with it. Venus' backhand is disguised very well and she gets such great acceleration through it. It is so consistent.

· Registered
11,079 Posts
vs1 said:
I they it's very close because they are both such huge weapons...but I chose Serena's forehand. Yes, it breaks down more than vee's bh, but it sure does cause a lot more offensive damage and corresponding winners and forced errors from opponents than Venus' backhand. That's just my opinion.
See, it may be more explosive, but as you say, it causes a lot more errors, which takes away from its explosiveness. The errors cut down on the forehands effectiveness GREATLY.

Venus' backhand rarely, if ever, goes off. Although she may not hit more winners than Serena, it clearly has a great affect on the opponent, causing a lot more errors from their wing, as well as setting the point up very well.

Answer: Venus' Backhand

· Registered
3,472 Posts
It has to be Serena's see through blouse. She is explosive off of both sides. ;) :lick:

· Registered
4,059 Posts
Venus' backhand.
We just don't see it as much since everyone goes to her forehand. :rolleyes: an exchange between Venus' backhands and Serena's forehands = advantage Venus...

If Venus could only get the forehand deep in and wait till she gets a backhand, then she should rip it... I'll never forget in Us Open 2001 semis, especially the match with Cappy, she would hit a deep lob forehand, and then rip the backhand down the line, and she hit a lot of winners that way against cappy.

· Registered
8,954 Posts
it's a tuffy, is a weapon something that causes the most offensive damage or is it soomething that very rarely breaksdown and is reliable as well as being able to be quite offensive. obviously what i described both can be weapons but which is the bigger one. the way i would personally rationalise it would be that the more offensive weapon is the bigger weapon because with the less offensive one the player will more likely have to have a 2nd shot to put it away. so in that reguard i think serena's forehand is the bigger weapon. but it's tough.

straight up i would go with venus' backhand so i'm not sure which one i would pick.

· Registered
562 Posts
I would have to agree that its Venus' backhand. But I do add that if Venus had serena's forehand or if Serena had Venus' backhand, that would be an undefeated player. I have never seen a two handed backhand with so much disguise. U literally dont know which way she is going with it until you see the ball go off the racquet. And you never know how much pace will be on the ball. Thats why Venus is so good at passing people at net. She can go down th eline or cross court at the blink of an eye. Thats one of the reasons Venus doesnt need a sliced backhand.

· Registered
47,657 Posts
SJW said:
Venus has the better single shot but Serena has the better all round game

simple :)
Exactly.....Venus´s backhand is huge, but it´s her forehand who will decide if she wins matches or not. Serena can beat you in a lot of ways.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.