Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is that ugly sound all the young people in the crowd make in between every point? all the young boys seem to be doing it. it is killing me because i don't know what its supposed to mean?! :(
"eeeeahhhhh" ...... every time.... they all do it.

someone french please explain? ;)

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
the Parisian crowd are notorious for making noise

i think the atmosphere is pretty cool :D

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is that it!? geez. it sounds so strange when ur not english?
And i am quite familair with french.

Thanks though - dumb question = simple answer! :eek:

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Allez! which means Comon!

·
Registered
39,486 Posts
sooooo annoying ... happens in every tournament in France

·
Banned
8,642 Posts
lol- i was going to ask that- it is really annoying to hear it all at once, every two minutes and it sure doesn't sound like allez- its like this moan...ugh!

·
Team WTAworld, canis sapiens sapiens
4,495 Posts
But but I can assure you it is allez :sad:. I did it once a few (errr like a dozen) years ago. ;)

·
Premium Member
21,309 Posts
It's not Allez, well not to me anyway! V.Melb I know what sound you're referring too! They've been doing it for years....you described it perfectly (eeeeeaahhh!). It's bloody annoying.

·
Premium Member
20,741 Posts
Yes it's like a wail from some dying animal. What I want to know is why do they make it? I mean I've seen them heckle players with it and I've seen them use it for no apparent reason.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
2,109 Posts
lol luna.....It does sound like some animal. Maybe we are only hearing the tail end of of it the ez and not the all....who knows

·
Premium Member
19,755 Posts
OMG!!!! LOL!! I was thinking about this and I always wondered what they were saying. They sound like a cage of yelping hyennas. That chant is so annoying especially when someone French is playing. It's so bad, I just have to turn the television down.

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
Yeah, it is quite annoying, like a car alarm going off. It's especially bad when you can't hear what the commentators or the umpire says because of all that screeching.

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
LMAO, that sound is too funny

·
Premium Member
20,741 Posts
Ok I heard a clear one and it sounded like allez. It just gets hard to understand when everyone says it.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts