Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He said the following a few months (or weeks) ago:

The father said he is unimpressed with the level of competition on the women's circuit and in the junior ranks.

"If I was in their place, I would take a break for one or two years," Williams said. "I would do some sailing, some ice skating, and I would come back unranked, just so I could become No. 1 within five or six months."

But he also said that nothing can stop the Williams family.

"We'll always be around," he said. "There are tournaments we're going to skip but we'll play and win all the Grand Slams," he said.

"In the six or seven years to come, we won't leave anything to anybody, or only by pure chance."

Now Serena has lost 3 matches in the last few weeks, Venus is struggling, you can feel that things are changing. Richard could have been humble and polite, but he chose to be an idiot and disrespectful. He basically is being punished.

What goes around comes around.

·
Banned
1,830 Posts
I think he will say , "RG 2003 was ONLY an ACCIDENT !Accidents are RARE but they do happen sometimes "

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
I was wondering what Richard is thinking as well...I'm sure he'll have some choice words for JHH regarding the semis. Something along the lines of "the only way they can win is if they cheat". Hardly think he'll back down now. He lives for controversy. ;)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I think everybody who's realistic knew this was a silly claim. :eek:
It's no been shown how quick it can come back at you. Never thought it he would be proven wrong this soon

·
Banned
1,830 Posts
I am wondering why he has been quiet for soooo long ! I mean i atleast expected him to make a statement about the "racist, white French crowd " who made Serena lose her SF match :rolleyes:

Maybe the journo's got BORED of him too...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Oh, I think we'll be hearing from Richard real soon and a lot of people won't like what he has to say.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
He's probably saying, Hum.....I have to say something...just anything . I know there is at least one person on that WTAworld board who will start a topic about me.
Selesrules:
Who cares??!!!! Why in the heck are you still so obsessed in what a "crazy" man has to say anyway?
He thinks this..he said that...PLEASE! Talk about something relevant.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
but Amanda you have to understand something about selesrules. He is in fact a closet Williams lover. doh'. Poor thang. ::shakes head::

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Now I understand! Thanks, Mr. Man.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Now I understand! Thanks, Mr. Man.

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
Well if he watched this final he's probably still asleep.
From what I've seen he hasn't got much to be concerned with. Lets see what happens when grass sprouts from that clay in a couple of weeks.

·
Banned
371 Posts
JUSTINE HENIN-HARDENNE: I'm playing good on grass, but it's not because I win the French Open now that I will win Wimbledon this months, you know. The other players are very, very strong, especially on grass court. But I like playing in Wimbledon and I'd be very happy to go there and play over there.

I see the familiar face of a champion. ;)

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
He is probably thinking:

1) At least my kids can play in a final and make it competitve and
2) At least my kids are still speaking to me

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
lizchris said:
He is probably thinking:

1) At least my kids can play in a final and make it competitve and
2) At least my kids are still speaking to me
LMAO!! BTW, why doesn't she speak to her father?? Also, what woman in her right man would let her husband handle all her finances as a fulltime job? :D

Reactions: starr

·
Registered
262 Posts
. . . but he chose to be an idiot and disrespectful. He basically is being punished.
I would think that by now people are able to cipher Richard's comments for things that are "somewhat realistic/believable. :confused: :confused:

Richard says all kinds of crazy things, and quite frankly, I can't believe people take them seriously. However, he's not wrong on everything. Didn't he say several years ago (I believe BEFORE Serena won her first slam) that Serena would be better than Venus beause she's meaner? He certainly got that one right didn't he?

·
Banned
1,735 Posts
I would imagine that Richard is saying things like: How on earth could I have raised two of the best tennis players in the world? After all, the establishment said that they would never be 1 and 2 ; They said that the girls would never play against each other in GS finals; They said that the girls would never amount to anything without playing the junior circuit. They said that they would never win any slams.

Clearly, we should listen to the conventional wisdom rather than Richard Williams. After all, what he know? ;)

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
robrich said:
LMAO!! BTW, why doesn't she speak to her father?? Also, what woman in her right man would let her husband handle all her finances as a fulltime job? :D
She won't discuss why she hasn't spoken to her father in years and I guess she wants to end up like model Lauren Hutton.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
robrich said:
Ah. You don't know much about Justine's tragic life. Justine's mother died when she was 13 after a year long struggle with cancer. Just before she died, she travled a thousand miles to watch Justine in a tennis tournament. She encouraged Justine's tennis.

But, when her mother died, Justine's father wanted her to stop competing. He wanted her to become the woman of the house and take care of her younger siblings. She had to fight with him to play tennis. He was very angry with her and she with him. Finally, she had to make a break with him in order to play tennis on an international level. It's not that they don't speak at all, but that their relationship is very strained.

Her family now is basically her husband and her coach and his wife.

This is why she dedicated the tournament victory to her mother. Roland Garros was her mother's favorite tournament.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
he's probably thinking what everyone's been thinking for ages
"When will FAT ASS Monica retire !"

1 - 20 of 44 Posts