Tennis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They're showing Serena on tape when they could be showing Venus live? And it's not like Venus is crusing 6-1 5-0 or anything... If it were a non American playing in a close match, I might not be surprised to be seeing Serena on tape but I can't believe they're by-passing live Venus for Serena on tape :rolleyes:

·
Registered
463 Posts
And J Cap's match just started live also. NBC just wants to show Serena (ok, I don't mind, but since it's taped, we can see it AFTER the live tennis) and of course, Gagassi...all-the-time Gagassi.

I think ESPN had the rights to Venus, Davenport, Clijsters. But I thought NBC had J Cap's match?

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Typical NBC.
They put all matches on tape in order to maximize the amount of commercials that they may then broadcast. :(

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doesn't NBC have the rights to all of the matches today?? Did ESPN even have coverage today? :eek:

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
UGH! where is ESPN today? all the matches have been SO amazing! Chanda won 7-5 in the 3rd; Kim went three; Justine went three; Serena struggles; Venus is in the 3rd...and we only get to see part of Serena?

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lurker said:
ESPN shows tennis at 12:00 PDT today.
Seriously? pfff :( I don't have ESPN :eek: All week TSN has showed ESPN's coverage though but today, they choose not to :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Let's write NBC!!

They suck, anyway. The broadcasters are so inaccurate. The other day Ted Robinson said Anna K couldn't even get into the French Open - not true, she only didn't play because she is injured.

There was something else inaccurate he said, but now I can't remember what...

Actually, be thankful you get to see Serena; my local NBC is pre-empting the French Open for a telethon (as it does every year).

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I know *exactly* why NBC is doing taped coverage instead of live -- just "attend" a bit -- with taped coverage, they can put about *THREE MINUTES* of ads between the games, whereas if they had live coverage, they could only put the 60 seconds. It's all about the big bucks, folks ... write them and tell them they aren't fooling us at all with their concern for money over entertainment -- it's quite disgusting, IMHO!

PS -- ESPN will come on in about 2 more hours, so their coverage won't be live either....

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
The only address I can find is:
[email protected]

Don't they have a place where you can ask commentators questions or something?

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm kind of neutral to Venus and I'm pissed that I'm not seeing her match... I can't imagine how Venus fans feel :mad:

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
And now it is all NBC's fault that Venus lost -- the fans couldn't send her good energy if they couldn't see her! :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts