which she won :D

Aus Open 91,92,93,96
French Open 90,91,92
Us Open 91,92

How about Steffi Graf?? What is her best match which she won :kiss:

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
The most entertaining/intense: 1992 French Open.

The best level of play: 1993 Australian Open. (although I read in a tennis magazine that the 1991 US Open final was one of the most dominating performances in terms of agressiveness/error ratio between 2 champions).

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
All of them are really good! But I would say 92 French and 93 Aussie as well.

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
mmm...wow i honestly dont know! i think they were all great and hard fought...but one match that i DO remember that i believe was one of the best womens matches in history was Monica Jen 1991 US open...that was a classic!

·
Registered
15,029 Posts
Yep I have to agree with everyone else, you can't beat RG 1992 and AO 1993 for quality, drama and entertainment. RG 1990 is pretty special too, it was Monica's first GS and some of the shot making is incredible! :)

·
Banned
303 Posts
All against Graf:

breakthrough moment:
90 French 7-6, 6-4 -- Berlin was a preview of a bigger upset to come, and here, Monica made Steffi Graf look vulnerable for the first time after she took reign from Martina N.

92 French 6-2,3-6,10-8 In the beginning Seles was dominant. But she needed extreme determination to match Graf's spirited fight- Graf was supposed to be stronger down the stretch, but Seles held off match game twice with her steely nerve.

93 Australian Open 4-6,6-3,6-2
having become better and better, she demonstrated that she was on her way to being the best ever. She could do no wrong with that. Shehit it wherever she wanted, and her serve was improving.

·
Banned
303 Posts
The 91 US Open semifinal was a classic because both girls were so young and hit so hard. Earlier that summer the tennis world had a similar match in San Diego which Capriati won 4-6 6-1 7-6 (2) as a 15yo.

It was brilliant because both girls were so intense and engaged in long rallies and smacked jaw-dropping winners.

That kind of pace off of both sides was novel and entertaining.

Then Pierce, Davenport, and the Williams sisters have since some along.

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
Roland Garros 1992 and Australian Open 1993

1 - 9 of 9 Posts