Tennis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after Maria won her first slam on her first try. It looks like that RG final against Jenn could have been winable had she believed in herself more...I mean...the scoreline could not have been any more alike...except it was Maria who took the second set 6-4.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I like Kim Clijsters a lot, I think she is a nice girl and a very talented player, but in the last month or so two players who have way less experience than Kim have broken through and won majors while she is 0-4. To me it really puts things into perspecitve because people keep saying that Venus is over and will never win another one. At least Venus has an over, Kim still hasn't gotten started, she's still slamless and she's had some Major (pun intended) opportunities to win one. It's a shame really, you still got to think though that if she can recover from this injury and get back to her old form she's got at least one in her.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Hi! :wavey:
I think Kim isn’t thinking anything about that coz I think she knows she has chances to win a GS although she has an injury and if she gets it I don’t think she will be disappointed coz she gets it at older age coz I think she won’t make a problem of it.

Sorry, 4 my English!

Reactions: newbee2004

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
That thought occurred to me too! I think this injury break will be good for Kim. It will give her time to think and hopefully she'll spend a little time looking at her mental approach at GS finals, which is really the only weakness she has left. She's got absolutely everything else it takes to be a GS champion a few times over at least ......... IMHO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts