Tennis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
62,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

(based on an original idea by sfar)

The origins of the game :-

Some time ago one of the nicest guys on the forum Sergio (sfar) tested out an idea he had for a Song Game, which involved people nominating a song – then at the end of it the songs were listed and people voted on their top three songs.

A few months later, as a Eurovision Song Contest nut, I had the thought of bringing the Eurovision element into it along with the voting system used there. We jointly once did some TT Olympic and TT Football specials and always made a great team so I checked with Sergio that he was OK for me to expand on his original idea, which he was, along with adding an interactive element of an interview with all participants about the songs and the game in general where everyone could put forward ideas and suggestions about the game, it's all really thanks to Sergio that this game started :worship:.

I once did a TT Eurovision special and gave the winner a heart-attack when I informed him that the Eurovision tradition is that the winner hosts the following year - instead the winner picks the next category.

Following that on 14th November 2013, the first ever TF Pick The Best Song Game was started and ended up with 34 people participating in that first game – as that was so much more than I expected semi-finals were started immediately.

During the games, opinions have always been sought of participants on any changes or rule adjustments to the game, and the game has evolved into what it is now.

UPDATES

Thanks also to Markus (Litotes) for the Stats Thread that he does :worship:
Thanks to Leif for that original idea :worship:
Thanks to Igor (Igorche) for the regular You Tube bits that he does :worship:
Thanks also to SilverPersian (Tim) for the Blogs :worship:
Thanks to randy72391 for the original idea of doing rankings, thanks to Markus for doing a lot of the donkey work and inputting the figures from the early games :worship:
And most of all - thanks to all the players for all your suggestions and ideas :worship:

Sadly, because of getting a new job Sergio was unable to continue playing the game after Game 69 as he now isn't able to listen to the songs at his new workplace, as he has two young children he doesn't have too much free time in the evenings. He will still do occasional updates of his two interactive charts at the below links.

The game is very easy to play:

1. Send me a PM with any song (or song relating to that weeks chosen category) - along with the You Tube link if possible.
2. When the deadline is over, I'll post all the songs in the thread (without the name of the user who sent it) for everyone to vote.
3. The song that gets the most points wins the game. In the event of a tie the song with the most 12 points will win, if that number is the same then it's the most 10 and so on.

- You can send your song until WEDNESDAYS 7PM
- I'll publish all songs received on THURSDAYS 7PM

- You can vote your 10 favourite songs (which will be given 12, 10, 8-1 points respectively – the good old Eurovision format) from the published list

For those who haven’t played before – here’s a link to previous games to see how it works :-

SEMI FINAL VOTING DEADLINE - FRIDAYS 7PM

FINAL VOTING DEADLINE - WEDNESDAYS 7PM

DEADLINES FOR EVERYTHING IS 7PM UK TIME – UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED – Here’s a link to what the time is in the UK :-
local time

Code:
[B][U]HOW TO SEND VOTES[/U][/B]

You pick your ten favourite songs, [B][U]you cannot vote for the song you have nominated yourself[/U][/B] – 
you award 12 points to your favourite, 10 points to your second favourite, 8 points to your third favourite, 
7 points to your fourth favourite and so on up to your tenth favourite.

Your votes should look like this

SEMI FINAL - ONE

12 – Song Title
10 – Song Title
8 – Song Title
7 – Song Title
6 – Song Title
5 – Song Title
4 – Song Title
3 – Song Title
2 – Song Title
1 – Song Title

SEMI FINAL - TWO

12 – Song Title
10 – Song Title
8 – Song Title
7 – Song Title
6 – Song Title
5 – Song Title
4 – Song Title
3 – Song Title
2 – Song Title
1 – Song Title

Courtesy of Sergio :-

THE TF PICK THE BEST SONG GAME STATS PAGE – WHO’S VOTED FOR WHO – SEMI FINALS AND FINALS
The Best Song Game Stats

THE TF PICK THE BEST SONG GAME – INTERACTIVE POINTS GIVEN/RECEIVED TABLE – EVERY GAME RESULT WITH TABLES OF WHO GAVE WHO POINTS
The Song Game Players Interactive Points/Given Table

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Some time ago one of the nicest guys on the forum Sergio (sfar) tested out an idea he had for a Song Game, which involved people nominating a song – then at the end of it the songs were listed and people voted on their top three songs.

A few months later, as a Eurovision Song Contest nut, I had the thought of bringing the Eurovision element into it along with the voting system used there. I checked with Sergio that he was OK for me to expand on his original idea, which he was, along with adding an interactive element of an interview with all participants about the songs and the game in general where everyone could put forward ideas and suggestions about the game, it's all really thanks to Sergio that this game started :worship:.
Gosh, those are some nice words!! :kiss: Thanks my friend.

I guess we make a good team, since we started helping each other with the Entry List Maker, being you my official tester. I must say that the Entry List Maker ended up as a great tool mostly because of you. :bowdown:

THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS GAME POSSIBLE!!

I will never thank you enough.

·
Administrator
62,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tidied up and updated 25/5/2015

1 - 3 of 3 Posts