Tennis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a big fan of Cornet but get frustrated by her coming close but not getting that breaktrough win. For Dokic you could say Hingis in 99, for Jankovic you could say V. Williams at Wimby. But what is the win that made you think that she could be the one?

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
Hasn't had one. Closest

Rome 2008 - Beat three top ten players, Chakvetadze, Kuznetsova and Serena. Didn't win tournament
Budapest 2008 - Won tournament. Didn't beat a single player in top 100.

·
Registered
33,033 Posts
She is really mentally weak. I went to school today after the first set thinking she was fixing it, I come home and :help:

I think her best matches were Rome versus Chakvetadze (came from a set and 3-0 in a really important match...a rarity) and against Serena at the Olympics (lost, but played really well and had her on the ropes, when it still seemed like she could only play on clay)

·
Premium Member
66,177 Posts
She is really mentally weak. I went to school today after the first set thinking she was fixing it, I come home and :help:

I think her best matches were Rome versus Chakvetadze (came from a set and 3-0 in a really important match...a rarity) and against Serena at the Olympics (lost, but played really well and had her on the ropes, when it still seemed like she could only play on clay)
She hit a BH DTL at 5-4 in the first vs Serena that was probably the best shot EVER. I mean, it was just too amaze. :hearts:

·
Registered
19,560 Posts
She hit a BH DTL at 5-4 in the first vs Serena that was probably the best shot EVER. I mean, it was just too amaze. :hearts:
Too true. Except that the first set was never at 5-4. Alize won it 6-3.

·
Registered
25,370 Posts
probably the win against chak for a few reasons, chak was top 10, it was the semi's of a tier 1 and chak lead by a set and 3-0. though if you rewatch the match you will find chak started spraying the ball all over and basicaly anyone who could stand on court and hold a racket could have got that win.

so yes a win over slumping chak looks like it.

·
Registered
5,285 Posts
Cornet is defenetly my new favorite player of this young new batch, lets see her biggest win. Didnt she win Juniors French Open?

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
17,089 Posts
améliemomo;14996586 said:
she's improving at her own rythm. She impressed me at paris after such a beatdown one week earlier at the fed cup.
She 's a fighter.She will get that BIG win.
Exactly! She´ll get there, she has time. She´s coming close to the big wins ON HARDCOURT. People were saying ´that girl can´t play on anything but clay´ and didn´t believe améliemomo or me when we said her development on hardcourt is normal compared to other topplayers when they were 18-yearold and that it's just overshadowed by her claycourt game.

And now what do we see? She's been one of the best performing youngsters this year.(losing only to top5 players, i'm not counting fedcup) And she's steadily improving on the forehand-side.
Wozniaki has been VERY dissapointing. Cibulkova keeps strolling along, radwanska is struggling. Only azarenka has been doing well too.

She'll be no.11 in the world as of next week.
And i really can't wait till we get to the clay. :drool: Let's see how much punches she'll throw out on the clay! :bounce:

Reactions: améliemomo

·
Banned
15,542 Posts
She'll be no.11 in the world as of next week.
And i really can't wait till we get to the clay. :drool: Let's see how much punches she'll throw out on the clay! :bounce:
yes I saw it too and not that surprised.She's putting much efforts to reach her goal and determined to make a great season.
Just one place away from the top10.
Lets hope she'll be healthy and can make some good run on Americans big tournies;):devil:
cant wait for clay to come too!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts