Tennis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Venus and Serena come back for the tour champs and both play for the final. it would say so much.

but im sad now, the past 4 champions of the usopen are out of the picutre. i honestly am now giving my chances to Lindsay. She won it in 98, and she has only lost to venus and serena since then.

but this is sad news for the sisters. what will be interesting to see is, next year what venus and serena do. it will really say somthin about their game and talent if they come back and go right to dominating again :)

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and is this right? lindsay is now the only player left in the draw that has won the usopen on the womens side? shocker!

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
SerenaSlam, don't be too sad. I'm confident that both Serena and Venus will be back and dominating again before too long. While I personally think Clijsters deserves the number one ranking based on her accomplishments this year, I also think Serena is still the best female player on the planet. This injury might actually rev up her juices and make her aware again of how much the game means to her.

·
Banned
821 Posts
I'm not too happy about it but I just see the positive side of this... it may not be positive by any means but still I would have rather seen her pull out then a less than 50% Venus lose to nobody.
She will bounce back strong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts